ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔰𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫 ☽

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Addison was leaned against the back of the silver Audi, watching Andy pace back and forth in front of her. They were in a secluded section of the cemetery, a giant tree shielding them from the eyes of those gathered around for Jacob's funeral. "Someone knows." Addison finally broke the silence, pushing up against the car to stand up in front of the pacing man. "No shit someone know's, that's pretty obvious." Andy stated, throwing his hands around dramatically while the girl looked on, raising her eyebrow. "Sorry, I'm just stress-" Andy spoke, being cut off by the shrill of Addison's phone, a sigh leaving both their lips. "It's my boss, give me a second." Addison replied, answering the call as she stepped away from Andy, a soft sigh leaving his lips.

He should feel regret, for the kiss, for bringing her into this situation. But he couldn't help that hope that she would lean on him, turn to him when things started to go haywire. He was used to the negative publicity, it was nothing new to him, Jacob's trial had created a riff in his career anyway, and he had started making plans to transfer to a new career if something went south on him again. Andy watched Addison intently, her body language changing as she talked on the phone, trembling from the cold air, while also trying to keep her composure. Andy sighed gently, shrugging off the blazer he was wearing, closing the distance between the two and draping it over her shoulders, pulling the blazer tightly around her before she pressed her forehead on his chest.

"Larry, it's not true!" Addison argued, closing her eyes as Andy's scent intoxicated her senses, a wave of relief washing over her. She felt safe with Andy, his smell just reminding her that he was there, with her, and he cared. "Even if it's not true, you know the regulations, we can't have any negative views on the channels, I'm sorry, you have been terminated from your position." Larry explained, a breathy sigh leaving his lips as Addison let out a choked sob, pressing her forehead harder against Andy's chest, his hand on the back of her head to keep her against them. "I understand, thank you." Addison choked out, ending the call before sobbing into the chest of the man in front of her. "We're gonna figure it out, I promise." Andy whispered, while Addison shook her head. "How?" She whispered, relaxing when both his palms rested against her cheeks, pressing his forehead against hers gently. "I'll take care of it." Andy replied, pulling his head back to press a kiss to her forehead before they both headed back towards the group.

The funeral went on smoothly, obvious tension filling the outdoor space as the news started to appear on everyones phones, eyes falling on Andy and Addison who had created as much space between the two of them as possible. Standing on opposite sides of groups of people, Andy never leaving Laurie's side wile Addison stayed glued to Tommy, sharing small glances and short smiles. There was something oddly comforting when your whole life was crumbling and someone was going through the same thing. Andy promised to take care of it, and for once in her life Addison trusted someone to actually take care of it. The sunshine decided to make an appearance on a gloomy day, warming up the skin of friends who were in the area, too riddled with grief to decide on what to focus on, or what to believe.

Tommy sighed as everyone walked away, leaving Addison alone with him. "Is it true?" He asked, looking down at his girlfriend with a fake sad look in his eyes. "No, it's not true." She replied, looking up at him with genuine sadness, making his heart falter a bit. She really did love him, and he was just playing with her, toying with her emotions to make her suffer. He should've just broke up with her, then she wouldn't be drug in the middle to be stomped on for no reason. "But the picture." Tommy choked out, while Addison grabbed his hand gently, squeezing his fingers. "I just fell asleep, we had been sleeping on those benches for days, I wound't do that to my sister." Addison whispered, tears rolling down her cheeks while Tommy sighed. 'I wouldn't do that to my siste' echoed through his brain because her sister would do that to her, and is currently.