Mother

I stood in the middle of the room, as I looked around when I suddenly saw a glowing light coming from the kitchen

I stood in the middle of the room, as I looked around when I suddenly saw a glowing light coming from the kitchen. I looked around before running towards it. As I got closer I slowly realized it was person...

But not just any person.........it was my mother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked closer to this figure and when I finally able to see it clearly, I saw who it was. My mother. She wore that grey, brown, and white flannel she always wore and a red shirt underneath it. She also wore blue jeans and white sneakers.

"Mom?" I called, and she walked over to me before kneeling down to my level.

"Let me guess....your father did something again." She asked as she looked around the house. I laughed and nodded.

My mom shook her head and smiled, "What's wrong honey?"

"Nothing, why?"

"You called me again....with your mind." She said. There she goes again with the "calling her" stuff. What was she talking about? Magic in me? "I'll find out soon"?

"What do you mean?" I titled my head a bit. She pushed a strand of my hair away from my face.

"Flower...remember when I told you last year that you have something inside you." She stated. I nodded. "Well, it's magic. You have magic in you. And it's starting to come out and get stronger as you get older."

I widened my eyes in confusion, "What?"

"Once you turn 13, it will be fully out and....it will be stronger than ever." She explained.

"I don't understand. What is this? I need you to explain to me what's happening!" I exclaimed.

My mom sighed, "I don't have much time to explain...but...check your father's dresser. There's something I told him to keep in there, until you were the right age to see it. So go and find the item and you'll understand."

"But mom..." I tried but she stopped me.

"Trust me." She said before she placed a kiss on my head and disappeared.

I sighed before I heard someone behind me.

"Kelsey. It's late, you should go to bed." I heard Pepper's voice and turned around.

"Okay." I sighed before slowly heading to my room. I had to get into my dad's room so I can see what my mom was talking about.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat on my bed as I stared at the ceiling. Pepper and Tony had fallen asleep already so I decided find that "thing" in my dad's room. But I had to do it super quietly or else my dad and Pepper will wake up.

I quietly stepped out my room and into the hallway. Once I was in front of my dad's room, I peeked inside to see if he was asleep. Yep, he was. Sound asleep.