I Miss You

I was sitting in my bedroom just staring at the ceiling

I was sitting in my bedroom just staring at the ceiling. Pepper and my dad had went to some event while I stood here. Pepper had put me to bed before leaving but I couldn't sleep.

I was thinking about her. The most amazing woman ever. Beautiful. Kind. Alissa Evans. My mother.

I wish I can see her face again. Hug her again. Talk to her again. But that will never happen. When I was only 3, my mother got cancer. She fought it and still was strong and did everything with me. Until, one day it got worst. She was sent to the hospital and I only saw her a couple of times.

The day I hoped never would come finally came. Me and my father were going to visit her again but when we got there, she was gone. I tried to get to her room but my dad held me back as the doctors went to check on her. I never got to say goodbye to her. It broke my heart ever since.

"I miss you so much mommy. I don't know if you can hear me up there, but I just want to let you know I do miss you and I'm sorry I never got to say goodbye." I explained as I looked up.

I sighed before getting under the covers once again before I heard a voice. "Sweetie, you shouldn't blame yourself."

I looked up and saw my mother. Or her ghost. Her spirit. It was she was suddenly there by magic or something.

"Mommy?"

My mother went up to me and sat down next to me on the bed. "That day....I remember waking up and feeling worse. Next thing I know, it wasn't painful anymore. But I don't like when you say it was your fault. I understand you wished you came sooner but sometimes things happen for a reason." She explained. I hated that saying. It was horrible. Things happen for a reason. It makes me feel like I shouldn't be alive right now.

"I hate that saying." I said. She laughed a bit. "I know you do." She replied with a smirk.

"I love mom. I wish I got to tell you that." I changed the subject again.

"You just did." She replied with a smile. I smiled back before asking her the big question.

"How are you here?" I asked.

"Kelsey...it's because of you." She answered. Me? What?

"What? Me? What are you talking about?" I asked again.

"There's something in you, that you don't know yet. Soon it will come to you and when it does I'll be there to guide you." She explained.

"What on earth are you going on about?" I questioned. She just smiled. "You'll find out soon enough." And with that she was gone.

Something inside me? What does that mean? Is it important? It's probably nothing. Right? Just some stupid thing that I don't need to worry about it. It's not like I'm a witch or anything......right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday was very weird. My mom came to me and said I had magic in me?! It's all still so weird to me.

I went to the living room to see Pepper about to go downstairs and I followed her.

We came downstairs to find my dad with some suit on and equipment trying to take it off while JARVIS spoke.

"It is a tight fit, sir. Sir, the more you struggle, the more this is going to hurt." JARVIS spoke.

"Be gentle. This is my first time. I designed this to come off, so... Hey. I really should be able to..." Dad explained and it still wouldn't come off. I then noticed there were bullet holes on it! What the hell?!?!

"Please, try not to move, sir."

Pepper the spoke up, "What's going on here?"

My dad turned his head to us, "Let's face it. This is not the worst thing you've caught me doing." He said making me raise an eyebrow.

"Are those bullet holes?" Pepper asked once she noticed.

"What the frick did you do?" I questioned crossing my arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone!! Sorry this took so long to get out. I've been busy but also I got stumped on what to write but I'm back. This was just a little chapter about Kelsey and her mother.

But Kelsey has magic? There's definitely something special about her. But what?......you'll find out in The Avengers and Iron Man 3....

There's only three chapters left and then we go onto Iron Man 2. I can't wait to do that because I want Kelsey and Natasha to have a very strong friendship.

Anyways, hope you all enjoy and more is coming soon! Love you all and have a good day!

-Mary💙