Chapter 16 - The Road

Start from the beginning

      He turned to her and placed his hands on her waist while his mint snake eyes pierced into her blank white ones. "I know we agreed to take a break from traveling but we've been in our home for 6 months now. I think we're getting too settled here."

"I know- but with the humans?!" Vam turned to (Y/N) who was still surprised. "No offense."

"Uh- none taken."

      Tuca squeezed Vam's waist and looked down to the ground. He knows that she's not as comfortable around humans as he is. She didn't spend 25 years around them like he did. "We've never been up north yet and that's where the humans are going. And..."

      He glanced to (Y/N) and she could subtly make out some sadness in his eyes. "I don't think I'm ready to leave Ms. (L/N) yet..."

     (Y/N) could feel her heart clamp up. She didn't want to leave him either. She didn't wait 6 years just to reunite with him for a few days.

      Vam also felt shaken by this. She didn't like humans. They were the ones who took Tuca from her all those years ago and she had to spend two and a half decades without her other half. She felt alone because of them despite having her family around.

      But it was a human who brought him back to her... And he obviously cares about said human. Enough to see her as a mother.

     She couldn't keep them apart.

     She sighed and pursed her lips together while Tuca patiently waited for her answer.

"If it's alright with the humans, then sure..."

      Tuca slightly brightened up and placed a kiss on Vam's nose that made her shrink away and stick her tongue out at him. "Doesn't mean I'll be nice to them! They're still annoying!"

      The attention then fell onto (Y/N) who was the ultimate decider in all this. "Are you sure, Tuca? You two didn't have other plans?"

       Vam shook her head. "Honestly we were gonna come up with one once we left. I guess we did just now."

"It won't be a problem if we came along, would it?" Tuca asked.

      The Head Keeper was almost quick to say yes. The chance to spend more time with Tuca was one she didn't want to pass up on. But she has to consider the thoughts of her team in this. Tuca and Vam are confirmed and she knows that they won't attack anyone, they aren't violent in that way. But there are a few members on the team who may not be comfortable with demons joining them and (Y/N) didn't want to ignore their feelings for this. She is a leader in this entire operation but didn't want to use her power selfishly.

"I'll have a talk with everyone. I'll try my best to get everyone's approval but I can't guarantee anything." She smiled as she hugged Tuca who naturally hugged back.

     Vam crossed her arms and grumbled under her breath. "As long as they don't try to experiment on me then we won't have any problems."

      After that, (Y/N) soon gathered the team and as she said, presented the idea of the two demons joining them. Many were surprised at this like she had expected. Even Jules had to pull her aside from how sudden she was. They were gonna be leaving soon, her proposition was very last minute.

      It took some explaining, some reasoning, and points in order to get everyone, well most of everyone, in agreement to allow the two demons to tag along. Some expected (Y/N) to bring up how she knows the demons and their history together to try and convince everyone but instead she explained the positives to having demons on their team. They'll have allies who understand demons more than them, extra protection and how helpful their senses can be, and lastly, they know more about Zankoku and the scouts. Having them tag along can possibly allow them to gain more knowledge on the Demon King and his followers while also sensing if any scout is following them. Her team didn't have the technology or the ability to sense when demons were nearby.