Entering The Industry

Beginne am Anfang

'But imagine if I get the call right now,' I snickered, taking off my shorts but my phone started ringing again.

"It can't be."

I grabbed my phone and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hi, it's me, Minjee."

"Oh! Hi!" I greeted, waiting for the words I'm expecting to hear.

"I decided to select you out the many participants and train you to become a full-fledged model. Sorry for the late call, you've probably waited longer than you should've but my employee forgot to contact you herself, so I had to do it myself."

"It's okay! I'm just happy to hear that I was chosen!"

"Alright, come to the company and I'll give you the contract before you decide to officially sign under us."

"Awesome! I'll see you soon!"

She hung up and I put down my phone in suprise.

'You and your mistimed words,' Sung-Ki laughed and I took off my shorts, and underwear, getting into the shower.

________________

- Timeskip -

'This is exciting!' I smiled as I got closer to the building.

'Let's just hope that the company isn't horrible and have you under their control, and they won't pay you properly.'

'Now you just made me worried, Hyung.'

I stood in front of the entrance, standing in front of the automatic doors and they slide open, letting me inside and I saw my soon to be Boss standing near the receptionist desk.

"Morning, (Y/n)."

"Good morning, Sajangnim!" I greeted and approached her.

"Sorry about the early call. I just wanted to let you know earlier so you wouldn't have to worry about it."

"It's okay!" I assured her and she smiled, gesturing for me to follow her to the elevator.

I couldn't help but admire her side-profile as I followed, a little confused on how a young looking CEO ran this expensive company.

"Sajangnim, I'm curious to why you chose me? Was there a specific reason for it?" I asked her, wanting to know the reasoning because the participants before seemed to know what they were doing, considering how arrogant they were so they seemed confident in their abilities.

"I just knew you were the one. The others had a personality that I wasn't all for so I didn't want to hire them. Looks aren't the only thing I go for and you seemed pretty normal for how handsome you were, and the things you do will come in handy for other jobs."

"Other jobs? I thought I was just auditioning for a model role?"

"Well, some models end up becoming actors or something like that, so if you were to get an offer from how you looked, you can have opportunities to become a celebrity." She explained and I nodded, understanding what she said.

"Are you sure that would? I don't think people would be interested in getting a mixed-race person for an acting role so I kinda doubt it," I told her but realised that I was being too rude, and bowed.

"Sorry, Sajangnim! I didn't mean to be so forward!" I apologised and she just laughed at my immediate apology, making me slightly concerned.

"It's okay! I actually like that you're being quite casual. It's been a while since I've had someone be genuine."