Entering The Industry

'(Y/n), that's the fifth time you've checked your phone already.'

'But I'm impatient! I want to know if I was selected already!' I groaned and dropped my phone to the side of me, looking to the ceiling.

'It'll be great if I did so I don't need to ask my parents for support when I move out.'

'Back in my day, nearly all family members lived together. We had no need to think about anything," Sung-Ki chuckled and I groaned, turning to the sleeping Geonhak.

My eyes went to the clock and it was still pretty early. I was going to leave in afternoon so it was still a couple hours until I needed to head to the station.

My phone suddenly vibrated and I quickly checked it.

Seeing the 'No Caller ID' gave me so much hope and I accepted it, holding the phone to my ear with expectations.

'Hello?'

'It's me, Yeri. From Red Velvet.'

'Oh, Hi.' He responded in slight disappointment but was somewhat suprised to be called by a celebrity.

'Was this a bad time?'

'No, you're fine. It was still early so I've been just waiting for my best friend to wake up before I leave Seoul.'

'You live in Seoul?' Yeri questioned and I instantly denied.

'I'm just here to visit my best friend who's an Idol Trainee so I just wanted to see how he was,' I explained and she hummed dramatically.

'I remember when I was a Trainee. It's quite difficult so whoever he is, I'm rooting for him!' She exclaimed enthusiastically, making me smile even though I couldn't see what she was doing.

'I'll tell him that.'

'How long are you staying for?'

'Until like 1:30-ish. I'm going back to Uijeongbu-si.'

'Really? I was about to ask you to hang out since I wanted to know you better,' She sounded slightly upset and I laughed.

'We can when I come back here. I mean, I only live like an hour away so I can come back anytime.'

'Oh, yeah! I'll hang up now so you can enjoy your free time but I'll text you later.'

'Okay, I'll talk to you later. Bye.'

'Bye!'

I hung up and I saved the contact, getting up from the couch. I grabbed my small bag full of necessities and went into the bathroom to do my simple routine, which was just showering, brushing my teeth, washing my face.

'Hyung, what should I do after graduation? I still haven't decided on what I want to do in the future and the classes I take are hard to get careers in.'

'Well, an acting career is quite hard, considering how many people are wanting to get into that occupation. Translator is an option since you do well in your English and your Japanese is alright. You do well in P.E and you know about the body, so maybe a Trainer. I honestly don't know, everything's more difficult than it used to be.' Sung-Ki groaned, unable to give a proper answer.

'If I don't know what to do, should I just audition go be an Idol like Geonhak?" I joked but it wasn't actually a bad idea, considering that people thought I was good-looking so there could be a chance of me getting into one.

'We'll make that your last choice. Idol's have hardcore fans so it's just as bad as being a superhero, and your privacy will definitely breached.'

'True,' I agreed, throwing my shirt off.