Go ahead and cry little boy. (Prelude 3/?)

CW: Namjoon's father is a total asshole in this chapter. Basically just my dad, so yeah point is these views are NOT my own he's just an asshole. And I'm queer af.

For the homie: ricezzz
Also who do we think Jigsaw is so far? Any ideas? And more importantly Why? ;) I must know, tell me your thoughts even if it's just "ANDJDJSJSSJDK"
  ❅────────❅•°•°•❅────────❅

Namjoon
10 years ago (Age 14)

"Soojin! Are you aiming to get him killed as well? He's all we've got left!" Dae-Hyun scolds, jaw clenched in exasperation as he enters the dark confines of their bedroom.
"Goddamn it, how am I supposed to write award winning headlines and keep my secretary's self esteem afloat when you're having bona fide fits of hysteria and and putting our son's life in danger?!"

"Father. Please don't blame her, it wasn't her fault."

"Oh Namjoon, of course it was." He retorts, eyes softening when he drags them away from the boy's mother who's now sitting rather uncomfortably at the end of her bed, worrying her lip and glancing over at Namjoon who looks just as miserable. She should look ostentatious with her large coat and regal evening attire but right now she looks a disheveled mess and the sight is rather telling. "It's a mother's duty to keep her children alive, and yours is continually failing! How could she not have known your cousin had bronchitis? Letting the two of you play around together?! Now you're both sick!"

"It was an accident!" Soojin wails. "I'd never put him in danger on purpose and you know that. We're both ill remember? And you? You shouldn't be in here, you could get sick too." She dabs her tears up with a serviette before reaching out to coax the boy toward her.

"Gosh. What has become of you?! I swear if I'd known this is how you'd behave once we'd severed the connections to your prefrontal cortex, I'd hardly have bothered." He mutters, pulling Namjoon back to his side when the boy attempts to go and comfort her. "Perhaps some good may come of this. The doctor says your throat is nearly swollen shut. So maybe you'll finally loose some of that weight that's been giving you so much trouble. Wouldn't that be nice?"

"...I guess so." She utters. The poor woman looks like she's about to pass out, the stress of today having been too much to handle for her. She'd been struggling particularly bad as of late, generally she'd had quite a poor depth and intensity of emotional responses to most things in her life, especially across the past year, but it'd slowly turned into random fits of psychosis. This one in particular causing her to believe her nephew was on his last legs despite him being quite well and she'd gone and gotten herself sick in the process. Namjoon wasn't sure how to comfort her anymore, once she had an idea in her head she ran with it. There was no stopping her.

"Good. Now apologise to your son, you're the reason he's sick after all."

"Namjoon-ah- I'm- I'm so sorry."

"It's okay, Omma, you didn't mean to, please don't be upset." He wheezes, straying from his father's grip and running over to her bedside. "It's going to be okay, we'll both be okay, we have Doctor Min to look after us. Maybe I'll even get to see Yoongi again." His eyes light up at thought of seeing his friend again. The two of them didn't get to spend much time together anymore, Yoongi went to public school whereas Namjoon was homeschooled and after summer break was over it was back to the mundanity of everyday life. Namjoon had finally convinced his mother to let him finish his final two years of schooling at the same highschool as Yoongi. So he was rather excited for next year. Even if they weren't in the same grade, he was still happy he'd get to see his friend every morning.