Best Day Ever!

I find a seat in the back of the room, fuming with hatred. Hasn't Cassidy done enough to me! I mean she has a boyfriend! Not to mention the guy that I have like since like the first day of kindergarten when he shared his crayons with me. I look up to see Niall turned around giving me an apologetic smile and then pointing to Cassidy and making an annoyed face. This of course brought my spirits right up and had me laughing. And of course just my luck, Mrs. Henn walks in and hears me laughing.

"What do you think is so funny Ms. Spade," Mrs. Henn questions.

"I was just, just" I stammered not knowing what to say.

"Well, you can laugh yourself all the way to detention, how does that sound?" replied Mrs. Henn.

Then, to my surprise, Niall stands up quickly accidentally knocking his chair to the ground.

"Well, Niall Horan. It's your first day here, and this is how you decide to make an impression?" Mrs. Henn says.

"Mrs. Chicken, I am so sorry, but Kimberly didn't do anything, it was all my fault." said Niall.

The whole room erupted in laughter leaving Niall with a puzzled look on his face. Mrs. Henn was furious.

I felt bad for Niall, he was genuinely puzzled at why everyone was laughing at him. That didn't stop me from stifling a few giggles though. At least this would get him some classroom cred.

"That's it Niall Horan and Kimberly Spade, go to the principal's office this instant!" shouted Mrs. Henn.

"Yes ma'am" replied Niall and I.

When we got out of the classroom, I couldn't help but burst into laughter.

"What? What did I do that made everyone laugh," asked Niall with pure curiosity.

"Well, for starters, you were very serious and knocked the chair down and stood up to Mrs. Henn. Nobody ever does that to Mrs. Henn. And secondly, you called Mrs. Henn Mrs. Chicken." I replied between laughs.

"Oh," said Niall, "I feel really bad. First, you get knocked out of the way by that girl, then I get you in trouble, call the teacher the wrong name, and now we are both on our way to see the principal."

"Niall, are you kidding? That was awesome! You were awesome! You were funny and you're cute and yo-

I stopped myself realizing what I just let slip out of my mouth. I turn to look at Niall expecting his expression to have an awkward look on it considering I just told him I thought he was cute and funny. Instead when I look at him I am surprised to see a huge smile plastered on his face.

"You think I'm funny and cute?" asked Niall

"Well, I uhm, uhm" I stuttered

"This day might not be so bad after all," said Niall still grinning from ear to ear.

What was he talking about, was it me? NO, it couldn't be me. Could it?

When we finally get to the principal's office, Principal Stanley is waiting for us.

"Ms. Spade and Mr. Horan, I am really late for a meeting, so consider this your lucky day. I am letting you both off with a warning since Ms. Spade you are not usually a disruption and since, Mr. Horan this is your first day here. Don't let me see you here in my office again, understood?" asked Principal Stanley.

Niall and I nodded our heads in surprise of our great luck.

"Good, it's third period by now, you guys should get going before you are late, be good students,"said Principal Stanley.