She grabbed Miss Alice's clipboard, taking a deep breath as she made her way down the hall. Knocking on the door, she waited until it was opened.

Kaizier didn't say anything to her as he closed it behind her before making his way back to the chair in his grandmothers room. He scrolled on his phone, ignoring Alyssa's presence.

"Hey Miss. Alice!" Alyssa greeted before she nervously turned to Kaizier, "Hi Kaizier."

He looked up, nodded his head, and then looked back down at his phone.

Alyssa scrunched her face up at his childish behavior. But, deciding to focus on business, she made her way closer towards the elderly lady, hugging her tightly.

"Quin, how you doin' sweetie?" Alice smiled, "I see you gettin' a lil thicka. Pregnant?"

Alyssa shook her head quickly. "Girl, no."

"Good," Alice smiled, chewing her gums, "Still wishing fa you and my grandson."

"That ain't happenin." Kaizier spoke up, not even looking up from his phone. They both looked over at him, and although he could feel their stares, he just continued on preteneding like they weren't looking at him.

"Kaizier must ain't got no taste." Alice snorted, "Get it from his mama I suppose."

Alyssa tore her eyes away from Kaizier, fighting the urge to snatch his stupid ass phone from out of his hands. "Like I said, Miss Alice, he needs to be with someone more his speed. Dem high school girls will love him."

Kaizier paused his fingers on his screen, staring at the ground before he shook his head and just continued back typing away on his phone.

"All dem lil hoes want ma grandbaby. Dey just want him cause nobody else had him, them fast ass heffas. He don't need them. Theya trap his ass."

Alyssa turned to Kaizier. "Aww, Mr. Gaulden, you've never had a girlfriend?"

"Nah," Kaizier looked up, "And ion really want one forreal."

"Aww how sad? Can I ask why?" She said through gritted teeth.

Kaizier shrugged, but didn't answer her question. He stood up, stretching his limbs before he made his way over to his grandmother.

"Im leavin' out, mawmaw." Kaizier kissed her cheek. "I luh you. Horace mama kicked him out, so he staying wit us fa minute."

"Aw, my baby. Bring him up hea to see me, ya heard?" Alice asked, smiling widely.

Kaizier nodded and gave one last look at Alyssa before walking out.

She huffed. This was not going as planned.

Alyssa was finally off work, and between stressing herself out over Kaizier and working damn near doubles all week, she was exhausted

Alyssa was finally off work, and between stressing herself out over Kaizier and working damn near doubles all week, she was exhausted. It was 2 in the morning, and she cruised in her Benz truck, on the way home.