Chapter One

you slowly backed away towards your bedroom door, waiting for the perfect time to make an escape to the front door.

how did you get yourself into this situation?!

"whats wrong lovely? you look like youve seen a ghost." the voice said from underneath the mask, the eyes and mouth of which pulled down to resemble a ghostly screaming face.

you shuddered just looking at it.

"get away from me you psycho" you were two steps away from making a run for it.

"and why would i want to do that?" he chuckled, slowly moving towards you.

you decided now was as good a time as any, and so you ran as fast as you could. through the hall, past the bathroom, down the stairs, through the little hall seperating the kitchen and living room, right to the front door.

you could hear angry footsteps behind you, but they werent even bothering to run.

as you finally reached the front door, you realized it was jammed shut. in a desperate attempt to open it and escape you violently turned the handle side to side (as far as you could at least).

you were so distracted you didnt even notice the tall figure approaching.

in one swift motion he turned you around, pinning your arms above your head and against the door with one hand, holding his curved, glimmering hunting knife in the other.

he started to raise the hand with the knife, and you leaned as far away from him and back into the door as you could- letting out a small whimper as you did so.

"dont worry (y/n) i dont want to hurt you, id never hurt you" he said this in an oddly calming way, almost making you look back at him. almost.

you felt the cool blade against your skin, waiting for the burning pain. it never came, and you realized that he was using the dull side to lightly graze your jaw.

"(y/n)?" you heard a familiar voice call.

"(y/n), are you okay??" Randy. it was Randy. you had blacked out as you were restocking the shelves of the video store you both worked at.

you opened your eyes, feeling Randy petting your hair, a look of concern on his face.

"y-yeah, im okay Randy" you smiled warmly, not wanting to concern him more than he already was.

everyone was already concerned enough with the murders of Casey Becker and Steve Orth, your friends especially worried after you had been attacked a few nights ago, youd been having blackouts since.

he pulled you into a tight hug, which you quickly accepted. Randy Meeks was one of your best friends, alongside Sydney Prescott, Tatum Riley, Billy Loomis, and Stu Macher. you never thought about Randy in a romantic way, but you loved his affection and always reciprocated it.

you sat up against his chest, noticing his sister, Martha Meeks, finishing the job you had failed to.

"cmon, you need to go home. ill drive you, our shift is over anyways" he smiled in the friendly, loving way he always did.

as he helped you to your feet and you three walked to the car, he put his arm around your shoulders in an attempt to reassure you.

(it worked)

you crawled into the passenger seat of his car, Martha in the back, and stared blankly out of the window.

as you neared your house, the car crawled to a stop. "hey (y/n), you wanna stay at my place tonight? we can watch Halloween and binge on candy and soda?" you instantly agreed, not wanting to be alone tonight. also because of the fact he said you could watch Halloween together- your all time favorite horror movie.

as the car started back up, you began to doze off. you soon felt Randy's hand on your shoulder, trying to wake you up. "hey (y/n), we're here"

~time skip~

as the end credits rolled, you felt yourself leaning into Randy's chest, who had his arm around your shoulder. you dozed off, this time in an oddly peaceful way. you felt safe and content with Randy, unlike you ever had with anyone before.

~Randy's POV~

i felt a weight on my chest, looking down to see (y/n) asleep on me. i clicked the tv off, and slid down the headboard, bringing them with me. i loved them so much, but knew they didnt feel the same way.

~the morning~ (your pov)

you woke up to the smell of eggs and bacon cooking.

upon noticing that Randy wasnt in the room, you started changing into your clothes for school- not even noticing the figure lurking in the corner.

as you turned your back to the window, preparing to leave, you felt an arm sneak around your waist. as you opened your mouth to scream, a leather gloved hand covered your mouth.

"long time no see, lovely" he chuckled, you couldnt help but shudder when he spoke. as attractive as his voice was, it was equally terrifying.

"i told you i wouldnt hurt you, didnt i? im kind of hurt you dont trust me" he chuckled again, this time more genuinely- as if he thought he had said something funny.

you eased into his touch a bit, realizing how gentle he was being and that he wasnt lying. he wasnt going to hurt you. he uncovered your mouth, as if he could sense you had questions- almost prompting you to ask them.

"why do you like me so much? i dont understand. youve had so many chances to hurt or kill me but havent!" you practically whined, then cursed yourself for sounding so babyish.

"what can i say? i love you too much, (y/n)" you almost fell forwards, if it werent for his arm wrapped tightly around your waist you were sure you wouldve.

"wh- h-how do you know my name?!" you asked, trying to sound tough but really just sounding pathetic.

"a killer never reveals his secrets" he removed his hold on you and left. just like that, he was gone. like a ghost. you ran downstairs to where Randy was making breakfast, tearing him away from the stove as you cried intio his chest.

he let you cry, and once you felt better he pulled you away- holding you at arms length, still with his hands on your shoulders. "(y/n) oh my god are you okay? what happened?"

you explained everything, his response to which was to hug you tightly. you accepted instantly, as he picked you up and carried you to the table to eat.

~later at school~

the school was surrounded by press- you had taken the past couple days off after the attack, and as soon as the information of you going back to school was released reporters, journalists, and news anchors were everywhere. you hopped out of Randy's car on the curb, and he drove off to find a parking spot.

now you were all alone as the press crowded you, and you wanted to drop like dead weight right there, in the middle of the Woodsboro High campus.

you were about to make a scene when a tall someone scooped you up from behind - bridal style - and started carrying you towards the doors leading inside.

"Stu!!" you practically yelled as you threw your arms around his neck. "thank you so much for getting me out of there, i was about to cause a scene to make everyone leave me alone but this idea is way better" you said, laughing a bit.

"hey baby, glad to be of assistance" he shot you that goofy grin he always had. he and Billy always called you silly pet names even though they both had girlfriends, but you never minded. they were always super open about affection towards everyone.

as you entered the school, he carried you up the stairs to your first period class, setting you down right outside of it.

"See you next period baby" he smiled and walked away backwards, saluting with his first two fingers. (Only after giving you a hug)