It was good...

This was inevitable, her confrontation and our meeting right now; the conversation that will continue if I decided so.

Karuizawa Kei was in love with me and I knew of it. Yet I never did anything for that sentiment, her feelings are misplaced; it was a byproduct of her facade crumbling.

A facade that brought us together in the first place and with it breaking it tore us apart. Her glances towards me when we were in class, her subtle shifts when I looked back at her. An always flushed expression when she turned away, keen to avert my gaze.

Troubled at the thought of facing me she stayed in the sidelines, observing me. If I were to say that her feelings weren't genuine then I would get slapped in the face.

Abuse and insults hurled at me as she would cry indiscriminately without a care in he world.

The Karuizawa Kei in front of me was 'fixed', I broke our contract. Yet like a moth to a flame she returned to me. Like the survivor she is, she went back to the person who saved her.

My evaluation of her as a parasite was wrong, all she needed was a push. I was that person who allowed her to step forward, to move on, to embrace the past. To never let it shape her, to use it to pave a path for her re-entry.

To allow her to be reborn as someone else wasn't my intention, nor was it hers. I wanted her to stay as she is, to accept who she is. Not to change, I wanted her to shape a path for her rebirth, as this individual known as Karuizawa Kei.

The strongest person that I know: Karuizawa Kei.

A fierce women with a still kind heart, a charismatic person with her own ideals and purposes. A person with potential to be more, the only thing impeding her from reaching her full potential.

It was Love. A primary reason for me to break our contract, love would only make her useless.

I still needed someone useful, well that's what I thought until I found someone else that could fit my own interpretation of 'usefulness'. Chiaki was there to fill in that role.

"Kiyotaka?" She called me by my given name, I looked at her eyes.

Then at her body, her whole demeanour shifted into one of impatience, I still hadn't answered her confession. Yet I had no reason to.

I turned away from her and started walking back towards the class, Karuizawa seeing me do such a thing adopted a puzzled expression.

"Not now Karuizawa, let's talk later." I responded.

We were in the corridor and in a couple of minutes class would begin, I went to the door and slid it open. Looking back at my class, not many people had noticed me. Chiaki was looking at my direction and waved at me then pointed at the clock.

Only one minute left and I started walking back to my seat, looking back at Karuizawa I found her frozen in her spot. She was very still and unmoving, harbouring a dark expression.

I mean I didn't give her a proper response, I guess I understand why she felt that way. Nonetheless, she would recover in no time and join in class as soon as she saw the teacher come near our classroom.

After I had taken a short look at her, I started walking  to my seat. Sitting down I was greeted with a Chiaki, Who had a smile that didn't reach her eyes.

She then asked me about Karuizawa, her cheery tone only emphasised the displeasure in the undertone movement of her eyes. Her false truth was being said to me now, in such cases I will also lie to her.

"What did Karuizawa san want from you Kiyotaka?Ara ... did she ask you out on a date? Bad Kiyotaka bad, when you already have me-." I decided to interrupt her, I cut into her conclusions and delusions.