It's just all so surreal, why here? Why her? She would've much rather passed on than have all her beliefs and reasoning questioned.

Olivia sits on the floor of her new nursery, angrily shaking the rattle in her hand making a loud noise alerting the maid who currently had the job of cleaning her room.

"Oh, my lady are you hungry?" The woman gives her a kind smile and picks her up holding her on her waist.

'No lady I am not hungry. I am furious from this unfair treatment and the ridiculous predicament I'm in!!' Olivia tried to voice her complaints but it just came out as baby gibberish and the lady took that as her trying to agree and giggled. The woman's light pink hair was tied up into a bun and reminded Olivia of cotton candy, she had pastel orange eyes to go along with her odd color scheme (which, once again, made zero sense because it is impossible to naturally have colored hair or eyes like that) she looked to be in her early 20s. Olivia didn't know her name, she never bothered learning or remembering any of the maids who came to take care of her.

It would make it all too real.

The woman, who had referred to herself in the third person when she set Olivia back down in her crib, Estelle, said she'd be back with something for her to eat right away. Olivia had started to grow a few teeth now so she didn't need to drink milk anymore (which she thanked human evolution for about a thousand times) but teething was the most annoying thing she's ever been through, it's like an itch she can't quite scratch away and can only briefly relieve.

Estelle came back into the nursery with some mashed up food in a small porcelain bowl, she picked Olivia up and placed her in her high chair, she brought a sliver spoon up to her mouth, moving the spoon up and down slightly to try and pry to her lips open and slip it in. It tasted like green beans and corn, Olivia could only reluctantly swallow it despite the strong urge to vomit on everything in front of her, she couldn't starve to death in the very first year of her second life.

And yes in the very short time that Estelle went to the kitchen to get her prison meal and back she had (very reluctantly) come to terms with the fact that she had been most likely reincarnated into that torturous book Angel of Esteban or is at least living it in a dream. Not only that but she had possessed the body of Olivia Auclair, the minor villain that disappeared in the middle of the book.

It explained a lot and why she never sees her parents. Well, when she was still a small infant she had heard her father (or who she assumes is) tell the maids to just "keep her alive" (his words exactly). She also put two and two together and found out Estelle is her nanny, she's seen her before a lot more than the other maids but never paid much attention since she was always trying to find out what had happened to her. Estelle was one of the nicer maids, don't get her wrong none of them mistreated her or anything but they didn't exactly give her the care and treatment you'd normally give a child, she didn't blame them it's was olden times and her parents didn't favor her, they needed their paycheck it was survival and giving attention to a child who isn't given that sort of thing by her own parents? It's a waste of time. But Estelle still did it, she figured she had a soft spot for kids.

"Good job Lady Olive! You must eat and get big and strong so you can one day become a strong  ruler of the Auclair duchy!" Estelle complimented her on every bite she took as she continued to feed her the bird vomit, and no she was not being over dramatic it tasted horrible, honestly, she'd rather eat dog food (Don't even think of testing her on that).

Since Olivia had come to terms with her unfortunate condition she decided to live her life how she wanted, which included doing absolutely nothing. If her life gets going on as in the book, then in about a year, a few weeks after her second birthday she will be diagnosed with magic deficiency and finally lose all the attention of her parents, then she can just lounge around and do absolutely nothing until she drops dead of a heart attack or something.

But if things continued as in the novel then she would have to enroll in the academy once she is older, and to keep her peaceful life she needs protection, to keep her out of trouble from all the main characters of the novel. So to do that she needs to get close to two of them and find the poor, abandoned children, also known as the male lead and antagonist.

'Plot armor!!'

Olivia's eyes shone with determination and greed as Estelle giggled, looking at how her lady was puffing out her cheeks.

'For my perfect life!!'

————————————————————————

Magic deficiency: In the world of 'Angel of Esteban' magic is a part of everyone's life source, not everyone may be able to use it or be as strong as the mages but it is a vital resource to the body. Magic deficiency, is when you don't have enough magic for your body to food off of it can't reproduce it fast enough, so it starts eating away at your life and body nutrients instead. Most cases are born with this condition, there have been a few mages who have this disease and still use their magic but it is most definitely a death sentence. There is currently still no cure for this illness.

I couldn't think of a way to fit this into the story so I wrote it here