2 - Keefe

The backpack on my shoulder felt like I was carrying a mountain in there, not majority of my stuff. Despite everything, I was leaving with a grin on my face. I had set up something that was going to get them back for everything that they'd done, everything that they'd whispered behind my back thinking I didn't hear. What was set to happen would ensure my expulsion, so I figured that running away before I was caught would at least mean I didn't have to get shouted at – again. The count down in my head as almost finished, meaning that in a few seconds I could stand back and enjoy my farewell masterpiece.

I found a safe spot in the trees bordering the school and counted down the last few seconds.

Three...two...one.

First there was the elephant's toothpaste. It erupted in glorious foamy arcs across the oval, showering the grass with pale blue. It covered all the windows from outside, and I marvelled at their perfect trajectory. Screams of surprise were mixed in, and when the outside of the school was covered in a foamy layer, I could hear someone shouting my name, telling me get to the principal's office. I chuckled to myself, knowing it was pretty dangerous to be around that stuff, but I'd made sure not to cover the air conditioning vents, so everyone inside would be safe as long as they didn't open any windows.

That made the school the perfect environment to unleash phase 2 of my grand plan. When the principal, Mr McArthur, steps foot inside my room, he'll unknowingly set off an alarm, which will release numerous potent stink bombs around the school. Everywhere but Mr McArthur's office, where a recording of me will be waiting. Once he opens it, it'll play on the speaker system across the school. I can't tell you exactly what will be said on that recording, but just know it'll be an epic finale to this carefully planned show.

I decided that now would be the perfect time to take my leave. Jogging to the border wall, I chucked my backpack to the other side and hauled myself over after it. As I was climbing to the other side, I took one last glance at the school that trapped me in its vile clutches for two long years. I wasn't sorry at all about what I'd done. They all deserved it.

With a parting breath, I jumped over the edge and landed hard on my feet, toppling over on my back, the air pushed out of me. I grinned as I slowly stood up, for once in these miserable years feeling free. The fringes of London stretched out before me like a whole new world that I needed to explore. I had no money, no family I could stay with – shoot, I'd even forgot to pack food - but I was free, and I could do whatever I wanted. A wild laugh bubbled inside me, begging to be let out. I've never felt so elated in my life.

And just as I had crossed the road and was making my way down the street, it started bucketing. I also forgot an umbrella.