"Well its not, so can you back off ?!" Iris retorts.

Meet Iris Kosi Chidi,the extremely aggressive sister. She's my immediate older sister and with my luck, she's part of a set-Ivy Kamsi Chidi, a nicer version of the twins, older than Iris with seven minutes but utterly childish.
She's also super clingy to Iris,but I guess that must be a twin thing.

I'm so frustrated that I go back to my room and scroll through my chats for a few minutes while waiting for my sisters to be done.
I clean up my room while texting my best friend Ebuka, I'm still narrating the whole bathroom ordeal to him when Mom barges into my room.

As usual.

Strands of Mom's brown hair scattered roughly around her heart-shaped face completes the whole 'just got out of bed' look.

She glares at me, black orbs boring into my being. I take a step backwards out of intimidation while muttering a barely audible,"Good morning Mom"

She ignores me and takes a step forward, gaze never leaving mine,"Kaycee, why aren't you ready for school?"

"Mom, the bathrooms are all occupied" I say with a frown.

"Which ones?" She flails her arms fiercely. "The ones I passed by on my way to your room?"

"No, I....."

"Let's just say the bathrooms were occupied, are those the only bathrooms in the house? You even have one in your room for crying out loud"

"It doesn't have a bathtub!" I complain.

"E yari gbuo onwe gi na bathtub" Mom says in Igbo.

"As if that isn't enough," Mom adds, "You are texting this early morning!"

"I was actually...."

"You were actually what?"

"Please, if you'll let me finish...."

"Are you telling me to shut up?"

"Mom, I just...."

"Are you talking back to me?"

"No!"

"Now,you are raising your voice at me?!" She bends to pick up her slippers.

Dear God!

Mom's glares comes off stronger as she throws a slipper at me in anger-I dodge (barely).

"Now, before I close my eyes and open it, you've already entered that bathroom to have your bath" she hisses.

I immediately sprint to the bathroom 'cause I might be taller and faster than Mom but she and her slippers are like Captain America and his shield, I can't possibly outrun them.

After a semi-long shower, I'm finally dressed up for school.
Staring at my reflection in the mirror brings only one word to mind.

Perfect.

My school uniform's cream colored shirt and navy blue trousers emphasize the chestnut brown curls that hang effortlessly down my head.

Yeah, I'm one of those curly-haired Nigerians.

I splash on some cologne and run downstairs with my bag slung on my shoulder for breakfast.

As I reach the dining room,a wave of nostalgia greets me.... Jessica is serving breakfast, Chelsea is 'tasting the food to know if its safe to eat'

Her words, not mine.

Iris' eyes are glued to her phone screen totally ignoring Ivy who is rattling something about Shawn Mendez.

Typical.

"Good morning girls" I say as I grab a mug of coffee.

"I'll be taking that" Ivy mutters while exchanging the mug of coffee for a glass of orange juice.

I live with five women...I need caffeine!

Jessica serves our breakfast of Oats and toast, which is my favorite.

I'm about to dig in when Iris groans angrily at something on her phone.

"Are you okay Iris?" Chelsea asks while stuffing her face.

"Yeah" Iris sighs.

"You don't sound okay" Jessie counters.

"I don't wanna talk about it" Iris replies irritatingly.

"Good, we don't wanna hear about it!" I state matter-of-factly.

Jessie shoots glares at me while Chelsea tries unsuccessfully to stifle her laughter.

"What?" I shrug. "Im already late for school and the least she can do is spare me a sob-tale"

"Kaycee, you-" Iris makes to speak but is interrupted by Mom's over-dramatic yells as she runs down the stairs.

"Chineke, this children will not kill me!! What are you people doing here by this time?" She directs her question at the oldest child.

"I don't have lectures today and I'm too tired to drive" Jessie whines.

"I'm too tired to drive', see your mouth" Mom mimicks pointing at the door.

"Oya, all of you out!" She orders.

Just that command is enough to send my sisters and I scrambling like a bunch of headless chickens.

Jessie grabs the car keys off the kitchen counter while downing the rest of her oatmeal.
Chelsea struggles to grip her laptop between her chin and chest as she packs her leftover toast into her bag....Chelsea doesn't play with food.

Iris's eyes are still glued to her phone while simultaneously wearing her sweatshirt.

Its a talent,I tell you.

We all literally run to the car, I called shotgun so I'm seated at the front seat,while Chelsea and the twins are at the back.
During the drive,Chelsea tries to make small talk with me but I blatantly ignore her.

After the stunt she pulled this morning, I can't believe she thinks I'm gonna let her off that easy.
Jessie notices the tension between Chelsea and I and rolls her eyes playfully,"Were fake roaches involved this time?" She asks me.

"No, but my perfect attendance was" I blurt.

"I'm sorry, Kay" Chelsea pleads.

"If I forgive you, will you quit pranking?" I ask.

I turn to look at Chelsea,but she's already staring outside the window whistling,'We don't talk about Bruno'.

I guess I have my answer.

The rest of the drive is quiet save for the sound of Iris typing and Jessie tapping an unknown tune on the steering wheel.

In a few minutes, I'm already at my school gate, the girls kiss me goodbye which is kind of our routine. I get off the car and almost immediately Jessie drives Chelsea and the twins off to their university which is not that far.

I enter the prestigious St. Williams memorial school compound and what I see gives me the shock of my life.

Author's Note

Hey there,thanks for reading my book.
My day has totally been made!
Please,don't forget to vote and comment.

Who's your favorite Encanto character?
Mine is Dolores(even though she's underated).