LV

F A L L O N

"Will you still love me when I'm no longer young and beautiful? Will you still love me when I've got nothing but my aching soul?"

. . .

Taking the elevator up towards my floor, I recall Nicholas' gaze on me. Aurora understood my reaction and why I'd wanted to leave, but she said she expected to see me soon.

Now, I'm just going to lock myself up in my room and continue to watch my shows.

There are only two apartments on my floor. My apartment is pretty large and spacious, I can't complain over a single thing.

My neighbor is an elderly woman, who's very kind and has multiple cats and dogs that own my heart.

So, as I step out of the elevator and spot my door, all I wonder is that who the dozens of flowers are meant for.

The hallway is scattered with flowers. All different kinds, but they're beautiful.

And they're everywhere. This must've cost a fortune.

And at my door, there's a bucket filled to the brim with packets of Skittles, with a note on top.

My heart goes wild in my chest and I can't resist the stupid smile from coming on my face.

Nearing my door, I lean down and pick up the note.

"After a few well-deserved punches from your dad, I got your address. There will be more. And I will win you back."

I don't want to admit how happy this makes me. How it makes me swoon and smile like a crazy woman in love.

Opening the front door, I get the bucket inside as well with the flowers. There are so many of them, they can cover the whole apartment.

And there's a second floor, too.

I place a few bouquets in the living room, kitchen, bathrooms, and toilets. And my favorite bouquet in my room.

It's an assembly of roses that have this beautiful, beige color. One of the roses even has two hearts. There are some lavender-colored flowers too, as well with a few pink ones.

The whole apartment now has a touch of Nicholas, and it brings a warm feeling to my chest.

With the packs of Skittles in my room, I turn on the TV and watch my shows.

But my mind keeps wandering off to Nicholas.

College starts the next week, on Wednesday.

I haven't heard from Nicholas since last week, on the day where I got all the flowers and Skittles.

The Skittles are gone, and the flowers are beginning to wilt, much to my dismay. It hurt to throw a few away, though I'm drying some of the roses he gifted me.