XVI

F A L L O N

"And you're probably with that blonde girl, who always made me doubt. She's so much older than me, she's everything I'm insecure about."

. . .

Sorry?

Sorry?!

What the fuck is he sorry for? That he kissed me, or that it happened? Or for putting me in this situation?

God, why must he act so weird?

Finishing my salad, I throw away the container and go back upstairs, where I crawl in bed with a permanent frown edged on my face.

The next day, I don't see a hint of Nicholas throughout the house. Good, I don't even want to see him.

Fucking bastard who is an extremely good kisser.

As a way to distract me, I put on a tennis skirt with a matching shirt. Letting my hair loose, I decide against putting on make-up and grab my purse.

My destination is a restaurant downtown, where they sell delicious pasta and pizza. The drive isn't long, and it's not hard to find a parking spot.

Exiting my car, I lock it behind me and walk towards the entrance of the restaurant. Which I see that's quite crowded.

But I'm going to ask for take-out, so normally I'll be getting a quicker service since I'm not going to eat here.

Going to stand in line, I zone out and wait patiently until it's my turn. The waiter is asking everyone in line if they have a reservation. The people that don't, get sent back since all the tables are booked.

Maybe I should've called beforehand, and ask to ready my order so I didn't have to wait such a long time.

"Nicholas, I'm telling you, you work too much. God, even your father doesn't throw himself into his work, and he's the owner!" I hear a woman's voice say behind me.

Knowing that the chances are odd, I decide to glance over my shoulder anyway, only to have my eyes widen when I lay eyes on Nicholas.

Next to him is standing an older woman, who seems to be in her fifties. But she still looks young and has beauty to her. I instantly know it's his mother.

The green in their eyes is similar, and when she sends me a friendly smile, the same dimple pops out. Nicholas' smile is similar to hers.

The man standing on his other side takes my breath away. Even though he's older, the resemblance between him and his son is scary.

They have the same posture and built, the same shape of eyes, and their defined features match.

"Fallon?" Nicholas asks, surprised. I move my eyes to his and feel a blush creeping on my face.