Chapter 3: At Home Alone

With everyone out of the house, nothing cleaned the rooms the same, but the echoes of the sound were quiet. Krystal noticed being a light sleeper to take care of her brother with Sophie. She lifted her head, seeing that it was strangely silent. They both wake up Kevin shaking him doing anything to wake him.

"Kevin..." they both said.

"Mmm." He muttered in his sleep, using his hand to wave off whatever bothered him.

"Kevin, come on." Sophie tried but with no luck, nothing.

Shrugging their shoulders, they went down the stairs carefully as Kevin finally got up, following behind, all three with messed up hair due to the bed and sleeping bag as he walked to the bathroom.

"Put the seat down this time!" they both said, walking down the stairs.

"Okay! Girls..." he said and muttered the last bit.

Following the girls downstairs after using the bathroom and putting down the seat, they'd all look around wondering, but Kevin turned the T.V on as he finally called out the family.

"Mom?!"

That's when the three finally realized something was running out to check the garage.

"The car's gone! They didn't leave to the airport without us?!" he was shocked, and they both followed him.

Sitting at the kitchen counter on the stool, a thought came to them.

"We made our family disappear." He started to think and hear his family's voices in his head, and then a smile showed. "We made our family disappear."

The girls would watch him go crazy in the house running around since no adult was there to tell them what to do, this time waiting for him to wear off his hyperness for abit. Then, finally, they sat down... well, Kevin sat on the chair filled with ice cream and junk food by him while the girls lay on their stomachs with blankets watching 'Angels with filthy souls.'

"Guys, we're eating junk and watching a movie; try and stop us." Kevin called out and winced as that was Sophie who kicked him with her foot using it as she was laying down, on his shin "ow! What was that for?"

"For that very reason, shh." They both said to him, turning back to watch the movie.

Without notice, the bandits from this morning are coming into the house, and Kevin had fallen asleep, laughing at a funny part. They gasped hearing them and got up to wake him.

He was the man of the house now, and in charge, so obviously, they'd go to him now. "Kevin..." Sophie whispered, shaking him.

"Kevin," Krystal was scared now, "wake up, they're back."

Once a loud noise and their voices were waking him, he opened his eyes, hearing that, and quietly watched with them "shh... quiet." He told them.

One whispered, "let's go around the back."

A female nodded with their partner, "yeah, good idea."

He got up with them running behind him to turn on all the lights he may have missed as Kevin ran up the bed and covered himself scared, while the girls looked at him and rolled their eyes playfully.

"Aww, Kevin, are we a scaredy-cat?" Krystal used her baby voice purposely.

"Someone needs a hug?" Sophie joined playfully.

"Shut up, both of you, alright, not you, Soph. So you get a pass." Something odd was happening even Kevin didn't know.

"Hey! What the—" his sister retorted.

"You're my sister, and she is my friend. I say that's good for all of us." He spoke.

Crossing her arms, she muttered, "more like your girlfriend."

Glaring, he only spoke to Sophie, "come on, Soph, let's get food." He got out from the bed and walked down with her behind.

Krystal watched, shocked, also running behind them as she leaned against the door frame. She could see he was showing feelings by helping her without realizing it. Krystal walked into the kitchen. Having to help herself, they both looked.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know. Maybe you guys should notice by now," Krystal replied, grinning.

Okay, that wasn't weird. Kevin's sister observed how they acted as they looked at each other.

"Can I help?" Sophie asked, watching Kevin do the "husband" job, and that was to make sure she was content.

"No, I got it, Krystal. So you are not coming?" He asked.

After dinner and getting ready for bed, the three went up to Kevin's room as Krystal was in the sleeping bag by choice while Sophie was with Kevin; this didn't cause fun observation for Krystal or anything cause she enjoyed teasing him later for it.

For the first time, while watching her sleep, Kevin started to feel something other than a friend to her. As he stroked her hair gently, showing she was safe with him, a smile spread.

"Don't worry, Krystal, I never forgot you. And even so, if I'd lost you two..."

A smile showed, getting up, propping her elbows as she laid belly down. "I know, it's okay. I know you do, but right now, Sophie is your main priority..." she shrugged.

Kevin patted the other side as she got up to join the "cuddle party."

"Goodnight, Krystal," he had said but no response; however, he knew she fell asleep once right, hitting the comforter and pillow. He now turned to look at Sophie while propped up to one side using his elbow.

He began to feel attraction and his heart racing because the thought of losing Sophie to anything would kill him significantly, so without his annoying sister's teasing, he kissed her temple gently and pulled the sheets up her the most, keeping her close with an arm rested to protect her, suddenly she budged moving close to his chest.

For eight-year-olds, this was highly unlikely, but eight-year-old friends since childhood thus was a very different thing; this took a profound turn from a friend, crush, and now just deep love.

Although he had to be still aware of whoever decided almost to rob the house earlier, he stayed awake, laying down for a while until he fell fast asleep.

But his awareness was proper, a raven-haired girl, possibly seventeen or eighteen, watched the last light of the house go off, her dope of a moron father Harry and their extremely idiot partner Marv had fallen asleep, so now not much til the morning, sleeping in a sleeping bag with other stuff they robbed just caused her to sleep too as it was a big van.

Authors Note: Please vote and comment feedback I'd love to hear everything or read I mean :)