Nine - Water Runs Dry

A/N: Hello. Please don't kill me. I know its been a year and six months but in that time I have suffered from a host of mental illnesses. And I'm genuinely trying my best. But anyways, I know many would have given up hope on this story but I'm trying to finish it and I will finish it this year. Anyways, enjoy this chapter. I've spent the better half a year trying to finish it. Like, comment, share as always. 

All my love. 

xoxo LMT

XENOS' POV

I read a meme the other day on some form of social media or the other. It said something along the lines of "You can literally start all over again any time you want." It expounded on the fact that resetting your life is as easy as just starting to work out, starting that blog, cutting your hair, applying for that job or moving away from your hometown.

You could literally start all over again any time you wanted.

It seemed like black magic.

At first, I couldn't imagine that the Goddess would be gracious enough to allow me to start over, to start again. To build myself from scratch if need be.

I couldn't imagine that She would grace me with the mercy of being able to push reset. After all, I'd committed a sin against my clan. I had forgotten that only She could give and take life and that what She gives is not to be gambled with as if it meant nothing.

But through this long and hard journey, I realized that sometimes even Gods take pity on pitiful souls like mine. And I capitalized on that knowledge.

Many times, over this journey from the time I'd gotten on that plane to Mapsuri – an island off the coast of Italy, that phrase replayed in my head, reminding me that it was never to late to move on, to grow and to change. In the darker of the days it had kept me going.

After the flight over here, I'd woken up in a private hospital for the supernatural, wires and tubes attached to me in penance for my sin of taking serum that I, as the second heir to the clan, had no business taking. It was known to force you to calm down – a sedative they'd termed it. However, it was also known for causing serious damage if not administered properly.

So when I'd woken up, I was sore and thirsty and Silas' angry eyes were glaring at me from the beige luxury couch he'd been sitting on. I remember cowering under his intense gaze. He stood from where he was, stalked over to me on the bed, his eyes icy and his aura suffocatingly authoritative. For the first time in my life, I was scared of my brother.

"Never. Again. Xenos." He instructed, his tone brokering no further conversation on the topic. "Never for the sake of anything or anyone shall you ever, even almost, destroy yourself. Do you hear me?"

Whilst I was shaken from the pure betrayal in his voice, I could sense the underlying fear, relief and feeling of helplessness and failure in his aura and tone. I'd broken his heart and clearly he hadn't spoken to our parents or they would be here with a collar and leash. He'd had to carry it on his own – for what I later found out was 5 weeks and 3 days.

That alone was enough for me to make the promise, "Never again." I promised my voice barely there, tears falling from my eyes. "I promise... I'm so sorry. Si—" I chocked on my words.

With a broken sigh he embraced my weak and fragile body, his silent tears falling on my neck. We cried together in that hospital room. I'd never felt so guilty and foolish.

But I was so tired of being so exhausted and anxious and feeling like the panic would swallow me whole. It's so hard waking up each day knowing that you have to leave everything you need and love because you can't function properly. I know Silas didn't force me and he asked me if I was sure throughout the process, but I didn't think I could make it without a sedative. I needed the serum.