Chapter thirty eight- sweet seventeen

"This is happening, you can't do anything to stop it"

"Please.. please.. he's just a kid, they all are!"

"This is much bigger than them, bigger than all of us"

Waking up was hard and as equally as painful for Cole. He shifted slightly but stopped as the sharp pain in his back overwhelmed him.

He winced quietly and slowly to not bring much attention to himself, he must've crashed into a glass window, that's were the huge shard of glass that was piercing through his lower back.

His fingers fumbled at it but he knew it wasn't enough to kill him, it probably would speed up him dying, he had two hours, tops.

He let his hand drop beside him onto a piece of glass, he held it too tightly, though he didn't care that it broke his skin and even more blood was spilling out of him.

This was what he wanted.

If he died right here and now he could overpower Orion and get them out of here. Although it was quite a gamble, who could say he would want to save them once he had died?

So he stopped pressing too hard and with all his strength (of which he was losing by the minute) he threw it at the sound of danger.

His eyes cracked open to see Orion catch it so effortlessly with a grin plastered on his face.

"Awake at last" he smiled wickedly making Cole feel sick to his stomach, "honour to meet you, I'm Orion"

Cole spat blood out before replying, "yeah, I know"

Orion was rather chuffed with himself because he did what Ophelia couldn't; not only was he killing Cole and Katerina but he had them wrapped around his little finger.

Not that he cared much about Katerina, it was Charlie he wanted but with her, well, she could lead him right into Orion's clutches.

Everything was falling into place for him.

Cole switched his head around, he saw Kai with a gun in his hand, a gun that aligned perfectly between Orion's eyes.

He saw Emily holding her poor sister up- Katerina, who looked worse than Cole himself, was pale and sweaty and she gave out these little shivers every now and again

Kai shook the gun, "what did you do to them?"

Orion couldn't stop smiling, he knew what he was doing, manipulation was a sport for his kind, "you mean, you didn't tell them?"

Cole stared pleadingly at Orion who had no signs of sympathy on his face at all. Cole switched his gaze to Kai and chocked, on his words, on his blood, it was all the same to him.

"We've inhaled Canus Venenumus" he said losing the eye contact

Kai's facial muscles tightened, "meaning what?"

I'm dying. Thought Cole

"You know what it means" he said instead

"How long left"

One hour, forty two minutes and nineteen seconds. Eighteen.. seventeen..

"Soon"

Kai held his head in his hands and mentally screamed, it was the best way to conceal what he was feeling at this moment in time.

Kai's reaction was a punch in the face for Cole: his brother was angry at him for withholding the truth, sad Cole was dying and scared of what happens next.

Kai has never felt so much in his twenty two years of living.

Katerina was holding back a sob, Cole knew that because of the little tremble in her lip. He wasn't scared of dying as it was in the job description but he could tell she was.

Orion stepped closer towards Cole before crouching down in front of him and whispered so that only he could hear, "at some point, maybe in a month.. in a week.. maybe sooner, you'll beg for me to take you in"

He got up and strutted to the door laughing in pure amusement, however he stopped before taking the handle, "oh I almost forgot" he turned his body slightly to the suffering group.

"happy birthday, Cole"

And then he disappeared, leaving the little broken group to brake even more.

******************************

I rather like this chapter, a little depressing and a little short but it's alright

Yeah I'm behind schedule this was supposed be out on the 21st of December because that's Cole's birthday but what can you do?

I'm lazy hehehehe

Charlotte x