Venice Premiere

The room was dark, only dimly lit by a few lights. People sat close together, some taking photos, some trying to suppress the bubbling joy. Some were just sitting there and waiting for the event to start.

She was doing exactly the same. She was nervous, even very nervous. The feeling of being in her home country, of which she was so proud and presenting her first film. It was inevitable not to shake. The only one who could help her was-

Stef? Are you ready?

Him. He had always managed to take away her fear. Somehow he had the power to enchant her, to calm her down when it seemed impossible, or to bring her out of her deepest hole even though the worst thoughts held her there. He had succeeded in bringing her back to life. It was pain she had to go through, not only mentally but also physically, but he managed to ease the pain. He was her one in five billion.

Yes, I think I am.

Again, he had seen through her, noticed the hidden excitement. His big hand took hers and gently rubbed the back of her hand.

You don't have to be nervous, it's going to be okay. People love you. Do you hear that? They're screaming your name because they're listening to what you have to say!

She smiled a bit as he quoted Jackson. The movie was their heart's project, their baby together, and she loved it when they shared jokes together that only they understood. During the filming, their whole lives had changed.

She put her hands on his cheeks and gave him a sweet kiss on the lips.

Thank you, B!

He repeated her gesture and then stood up.

I'll meet you at the cinema, okay?

Thousands of people stood in front of the building and cheered. Fans held up their posters and begged for autographs.
He was already there and had to hold out for photos until her car pulled up. Their presence was palpable. With quick steps, he walked to the car and opened her door. Immediately he saw a bright smile on her lips. He offered her his hand, which she immediately accepted with thanks. Even if he would have liked to hide it a little more he could only stare at her. Her beauty literally dazzled him.

My Lady.

Her grip on his hand tightened as they walked down the red carpet. Eventually he let go of her hand and gave her enough room to pose for the photographers.
When they were done, they walked into the movie theater together. Again, their hands found each other. It was a subtle attraction that they themselves sometimes didn't even notice.

Just the other day at an interview it had happened that they had held hands the whole time without realizing it. They probably would have gone that way too, with their fingers intertwined, had it not been for Bobby giving them a look.

The many photographers brought them back to reality. When they got to their seats, Bradley checked to see if she was all right. The pretty pink dress was unfortunately a bit too voluminous, so he had to help her sit down. Her look radiated gratitude and he knew how much she would have given him a little kiss for that now, but they were not alone. Quite the opposite.
A few people stood in front of the big screen and gave a short speech about the movie. It didn't take long before the hall became darker, the lights went out and the curtains were closed. At some point, the film was the only source of light in the room.

This was fortunate, because had everyone not been preoccupied with the sensational display on the screen and the room been so dark, someone would surely have noticed how their hands found their way back to each other. His big hand holding her little one and resting on her leg.
Even if it is a trivial gesture for some people, for them it was more than that. They both felt a calming energy from it. Something that had an immediate effect on their state of mind.
Calm, peace and security, protection from the outside world, from negative things, words or people. Just the feeling that you are not alone and can do anything because someone believes in you.

As soon as the movie was coming to an end and he noticed that she was getting sadder, he started to gently stroke his thumb over her hand. He always did that and she loved the gesture. It relaxed her, but still a few tears ran down her cheeks. So that no one would notice, he bent to her and whispered something in her ear.

I am with you! Right here!

At these words her eyes closed and she turned to him.

Thank you, B!

She drew air sharply through her mouth, the crying had choked her breath a little. Her hand gently stroked his cheek and although the hall was so dark, she could see his bright blue eyes.
He gave her a warm, genuine smile and just nodded as he stared into her green eyes. He was lost looking into her eyes.

Before they could both realize it the credits began to roll across the screen. A loud clapping sound rippled through the room. The audience was thrilled.
She still had tears in her eyes and tried to calm down somehow and to suppress the tears. Immediately he took her in his arms. Seeing her in such a painful state also broke his heart a little, so he had to wipe away some tears as well.

She smiled at him and then pulled him into a tight hug. He noticed the urgency coming from her, that she had been leaning in when they spoke, the constant look on his lips. Even Cynthia seemed to notice. She knew the whole story and she loved the two of them.

That time, as they sat around the dinner table with the whole family telling their story, they were flooded with happy faces. In addition to comments like "I knew it!" or "It was obvious" her mom had said "Ever since I first saw you, I've seen a sparkle in your eyes. You two belong together!".

And now she was looking at the two of them again with the exact same look.

Bradley took the chance that she hugged him and was able to whisper something in her ear again, something that was only meant for her.

"Twenty more minutes and then we'll get out of here, okay?"

She nodded.

After about 20 minutes, almost all the people had been with them and had expressed their congratulations for the film. Only positive feedback was coming in and they really appreciated that. She quickly signaled Bobby, who just rolled his eyes and nodded. While the masses remained in the auditorium, asking a few questions, still applauding or taking pictures, the two disappeared unobtrusively.
As they walked down an empty hall, they stopped for a moment. Bradley turned to her and took her beautiful face in his hands. With his thumbs he wiped the last tears from her cheeks.

I got you!

She smiled and couldn't help but pull him into a longer, sweet kiss.
All the tension and excitement flowed into the kiss and they both seemed to relax for good.

I love you! Thank you, so much!

I love you too! I'm always here and I won't leave you alone!