Chapter 13 - shes your daughter

Start from the beginning

" cut the crap Stephanie, you hate New York and even though you were already here it wasn't for us " I said seriously and she sighed.

" I'm going to explain something to you- but promise me you won't get mad " she said and I nodded.

<>

" you're so stupid " I said angrily and she nodded.

" you promised you wouldn't get mad " she said.

" shut the hell up! " I said back ready to slap her.

" in my defense i want to protect her but now that I think about it they'd follow me and get to her.. what the hell was I thinking.. " she said hitting her forehead.

" so you have to go too? " I asked and the intercom went off.

" SORRY FOR THE INTERRUPTION STUDENTS AND TEACHERS BUT THERE WILL BE NO SCHOOL TOMORROW "

" yay " Stephanie said and i rolled my eyes- something I've been doing a lot.

" I do need your help though " she said and i started eating.

A/N: time skip to when school ends..

< JAMIE'S POV >

" alright man " I said to Sam and we fist bumped before he walked off.

I went to my car to see vanessa, sarah, and joshua waiting and there's no telling how long they've been waiting.

" sorry i'm here " I said as I unlocked the doors and got in the car.

They all began getting in the car and I looked around to see if I saw Janessa's anywhere but I didn't.

I also didn't see her in the class after lunch.

" have any of you seen Janessa? " I asked and they started saying no.

" yeah me either, I haven't seen her since lunch " I said putting on my seatbelt.

" oh don't tell me you're going to snitch " joshua said and i shrugged my shoulders before pulling off.

<>

Once I parked my car in the garage I quickly got out and went inside.

" Where's Janessa? " Katherine asked coming into my view.

" hell I don't know " I said irritated and walked towards the kitchen.

" what do you mean you don't know? " she asked running behind me.

" it means I don't know, she left during lunch that's all I know " I said walking into the kitchen and saw dad there with his brothers and grandpa.

" who left? " grandpa asked.

" Janessa " I said and dad sighed.

" I don't know what to do with her " he said.

" maybe tell her the truth- or dammit i will " Katherine said from behind me and her footsteps started to fade.

Never saw that coming..

" I may have to, and I still don't know how she was poisoned.. " he trailed off.

I went to the refrigerator and grabbed a water before letting in a deep breath.

" what she does is beyond me, that's your daughter so that's your responsibility " I said leaving.

" wow your kids have gotten comfortable with talking to you that way " i heard my uncle Tobias say.

I scoffed and continued walking.