🌼 7. Mr. Expert

Start from the beginning

Ignoring her, I attempted to glance at my timetable to see which class I had first, hoping to escape to my classroom and stay away from her. It was English Literature. I quickly stowed away my timetable in my bag, but she swiftly smacked my backpack, sending it sliding across the floor until it collided with a pair of impressive black Timberland boots. Without looking up at the person wearing them, I began to gather my scattered belongings.

"Are you even listening to me, you nerd? I'm talking to you, bitch!" she screamed, drawing a crowd around us.

My hands tightened around my backpack as a sudden surge of anger coursed through me, from my feet to my head. With my fists clenched, I struggled to contain my anger. It had been a part of me for a long time, but now, it felt like it was becoming increasingly difficult to control. I also had a split personality syndrome, and whenever I was triggered, my personality would shift. Normally, I could manage it, but now it seemed to be spiralling out of control.

"I said, leave me alone, Nessia." I turned towards her, my anger evident and causing her to take a step back.

"Oh, you want to hurt me? Go ahead!" she retorted, seeking refuge behind her two friends, who appeared to be twin girls resembling typical Barbie dolls—one with blue hair and the other with pink hair.

"My life is none of your business. It never was, Nessia. I'm done with your nonsense! If you want to go and tattle to my dad, like you always do, be my guest. I'm not afraid of you." I finally spoke up, mustering all the courage within me, and grabbed my backpack, intending to leave. As I walked past her, I shot her the most intense glare.

"Y-you were never part of this family!" she shouted, causing me to pause in my tracks and turn around.

"I never was, right from the beginning. So, you're just Nessia to me—a stranger. We have no sisterly bond." I smirked at her, but then my eyes fell on those black Timberland boots again.

This time, I took a closer look at the person wearing those boots. As I gradually looked up towards his face, I was taken aback by how familiar he appeared. What sent butterflies fluttering in my stomach was the fact that he was smiling directly at me. He had long blonde hair that was tied up in a man bun, with a few strands falling to the side. His square glasses gave him a foreign and tech-savvy vibe. It suddenly struck me that he resembled Zen's best friend, Andrew. This guy bore such a striking resemblance to Andrew.

He had a black backpack slung over one shoulder, a sports bag on the other, and he was wearing a blue hoodie that prominently displayed the word "Gucci" on the front. He was rocking a Gucci hoodie. Hoodies were my weakness, and here he was, wearing one from my favorite brand, paired with my favorite brand of shoes. He looked more like a celebrity than an ordinary student.

Realizing I had been staring at him with wide eyes, I cleared my throat and turned around to head to class. It was a little embarrassing to have stared at a guy for so long, feeling a twinge of jealousy over his hoodie and shoes. I quickened my pace, but then I felt a gentle pat on my right shoulder. When I turned to look, there was no one there. However, as I spun around to my left, I was startled to find the very guy I had been staring at standing before me.

"What the hell!" I exclaimed, clutching my chest in an attempt to calm down.

The guy burst into hysterical laughter, holding his stomach. "I didn't mean to scare you, but that really got you good!" he managed to say between fits of laughter.

His laugh, too, reminded me so much of my brother's friend. The deep voice, the similar appearance, even his height, which had to be over 6 feet, all resembled Andrew Liu Feng.

"Why do you look so much like Andrew Liu Feng? Are you two related? Do you know him?" I blurted out, my curiosity getting the best of me. He stared at me in total shock.