Why Did You Say That?

Angelina

"Where to?" He looks over at me, his hand placed lazily on his thigh while his other sets firmly on the wheel. Those grey eyes of his bore into mine. I will say he does have really pretty eyes. I decide to ignore his question and ask him one of my own, "How do I know you aren't a serial killer and going to stalk me in the middle of the night?" I ask with a brow cocked up. "I don't know, you'll have to wait and find out. Now can you tell me? I need to be somewhere and I can't be late."

"You offered to help me. It's not like I fucking asked you to." Damnit I need to act nicer. Just because me and him have a rocky past doesn't mean I have to treat him like this. He is my boss after all.

"Okay, where to?"

"You know Underwood College University?"
His eyes widen a little, shock written on his face.

"Ok Ms. Richy, Underwood it is" It's not even that expensive of a school. "Ca-" he interrupts me, no man should interrupt a women. "Ask away"

"Can it be a personal question or do I have to keep it professional?" I ask with a snark of attitude.

"Either way I'll come up with an answer. You decide if you like it or not. I don't give a fuck."
I take a deep breath, I need to clear the air. "Why'd you say all that mean stuff to me.. and leave.. and act cold to me.. and-" His jaw clenched.

"Seriously? You didn't just let that stuff go?" Excuse me? You just expect me to drop everything and move on? I think I was in love with you, you say that, years later I work for you, and you think I can forget everything?

"How could I?" I feel my eyes begin to water but the anger I was filling quickly shut it down.
He goes and parks in an almost empty parking lot, turning to me he sighs, "Look, I'm not doing this to get closer to you. I'm being nice and offering my employee to her place." I stare at him. How could he say that? He just keeps making the wound deeper.

He pulls out of the parking lot and I sit silently in my seat. I thought maybe he changed. How stupid am I? How could someone like that change?
___________

Greyson

I should've just told her the truth. I just can't yet. I can't tell her why, not until my father is dead. He got himself into gambling once we moved and he became murderous. He got pulled into a gang and became leader of that gang. He's called the Dark Phantom. Pretty shitty if you ask me. He's well known, but not enough for people to respect him. But when I kill him? His empire will be all mine.

I just need a few months. He's been sick for the past three months. It's just his age and habits that got to him. I'm his heir and I will take my rightful place as one.

We pulled into the driveway of her University and I drove her to the dorm entrances.

"Here." I say turning to look at her. She gives me a side eye unbuckling her seatbelt. "Thanks for the lift, Boss." Damnit.

I shake my head. As she begins to get out and close the door I holler at her, "Angelina," she looks up at me with her hazel eyes, her eyes always passed as hazel, never light brown or sand brown. Their hazel. "Tomorrow I need you to come in at 6:00 a.m. and then you can leave at 7:00 p.m."

"Great. I'll be there." I can't wait to see her. I give her a tight lipped smile as she shut the door and I drove off. I'll see her tomorrow.
________

Angelina

Screw him and screw his business. He drove off not sparing a single second. Ugh, I don't have time for this. I told Browyn I'd go to Jordan's party with her so I best keep my word.

As I got up to our dorm room I realized I don't want to go to Jordan's party. I don't feel like going through with it. I don't feel like dressing up or anything. I just want to watch Gilmore Girls and eat junk food.

I knock on the door before opening it up. Browyn was on the couch studying. When she saw me her face lit up with a smile. "Hi, how was work?" I groan shutting the door behind me and making my way towards her on the couch. "It was boring, B. You aren't there and it gets lonely. There's only one hot guy there and no it's not Greyson." I say laying my head on her lap.

She giggles and plays with my hair. Running her fingers through my hair she says, "I miss you too. I just have one question. Why did Mr. Lockwood drive you home tonight? Don't spare any details." I almost cringe of how I asked him about why he left. I had no place and it was out of the blue. I shouldn't be so upset about it. I'd give the same reaction if I did something nice for someone and just jump to a question that would take longer to respond in a ten minute car ride.

"My car wasn't working. I asked him why he left and he said I should've just let it go and he made it clear giving me a ride wasn't to get close to me it was him being nice. Also, I don't feel up to Jordan's party tonight. I'll text him telling him I can't make it then make him a batch of 'Thick Brownies' as he calls it as an apology."

Browyn stays quiet. "That's all right. I texted him too saying I couldn't make it. We have a surprise test this Wednesday and I can't afford to fail it. And about the still with Greyson, he's a guy. They can be douchey. Maybe it's almost better that way. Despite how good looking he may be." I smile thanking her in my head for being so understanding.

I get up from her lap and sit up grabbing my phone from beside me and shoot Jordan a text.

Me- Hey, I'm so sorry but I can't make it tonight. I'm tired and the thought of partying just isn't sitting with me. I'll make you your thick brownies as an apology.

As I began to swipe out of our messages he responded immediately as if he was waiting for my text.

Jordan- Aye, don't even worry. It was gonna be a more lame one anyway. A lot of people bailed because of the pop test. I'll sure be waiting for your brownies though 😏

I smiled. I loved Jordan. He was literally everyone's friend and I swear he had no enemies. I'm so glad I'm surrounded by understanding people.