Chapter 3 - Reader's Viewpoint

Start from the beginning

"You have keen eyes. How did you know there were insects in the carriage?"

What was this guy thinking of? He's acting way too different from the original 3rd turn in the novel.

"An explosion."

Yoo Joonghyuk simply stared at me.

Okay, I definitely need to have my eyes checked since I thought I saw the corner of his lips curl a split second ago.

"You 'coincidentally' found insects due to the explosion? Is that what you were trying to say?"

Shivers went down my spine as I listened to his smug sounding words. Unfortunately, I can now confidently say that this Yoo Joonghyuk in front of me is different from the original Yoo Joonghyuk of the 3rd regression turn.

"It was a lucky coincidence." I answered, staring right back at him. Yoo Joonghyuk looked over beyond the broken bridge, sporting a calm and unfazed expression.

"Are those your only questions?" I unknowingly gulped.

"Yes."

"Then can you let me go? And let's go to Oksu together. There isn't much time remaining to clear the scenario." There were approximately 5 minutes left till the end of this scenario.

"Hm."

What's this sunfish thinking about now? Emotions like nervousness, irritation, and worriedness were now mixing inside of me.

"You seem too calm and well-adjusted to this changed world." As soon as he finished talking, his right eye shined a gold/orangey color. I quickly realized what he was doing. In fact, I would have found it even weirder if this guy didn't use 'that'.

[Sage's Eyes]. Yoo Joonghyuk's strongest detection skill. [Sage's Eyes] was the SS-grade skill that showed the target's attributes window as well as hidden information. As long as he used it, I couldn't avoid revealing my identity.

Now that it's come to this, this might actually be beneficial for me. I don't even know my own 'attributes' and 'skills'. Although I'll be revealing it all to Yoo Joonghyuk, I should take this chance to gain information of myself—

[ The exclusive skill, 'Fourth Wall' is activated! ]

[ 'Fourth Wall' has detected the use of the detection skill 'Sage's Eyes'! ]

Sparks flew towards the air and Yoo Joonghyuk's body staggered. He covered his right eye and watched me with... appeasement?

"You..!"

I'm sorry but what the hell was that look?

His grip on my neck tightened. My breathing had been restricted but not to the point that I would choke, but it was still suffocating. His eyes were now fiercely stabbing me.

"Who really are you!?"

To think I had a skill that would defend against [Sage's Eyes]. After [Bookmark], it was [Fourth Wall]. Things are getting complicated fast. I don't why Yoo Joonghyuk acts differently from the original novel but I still need to be prepared. I need to change plans.

"Yoo Joonghyuk."

"How did you know my—"

"You need reliable companions."

Surprisingly, he seemed intrigued and listened to whatever I was about to say. No matter how odd the situation is, I have to take this chance!