14

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping. I sit up a bit and see Robby awake, on his phone.

"Hey" I say in a sleepy voice.

"Hey, when did you wake up?" Robby asks.

"A second ago" I say. "You?"

"Like 10 minutes or so ago"

I nod and Scooch over to the passenger seat. I take out my phone and see tens of missed messages from Mason.

I call him, and he picks up right away.

"Where the hell are you Bella?" He yells.

"What do you mean? Practice doesn't start until 6" I say and Robby looks over, and sees that I'm on my phone.

"I mean school, smart ass." Mason says.

"Um, yeah no. I'll see you tomorrow" I say hanging up. "It was Mason, he wanted to know where I was." I tell Robby.

"It's fine. Where do you want to go?" He asks.

"Let me drive, let's go to my house." I say getting out of the car, and stepping right into a puddle. "Fuck"

"What happened?" Robby asks, walking over to me.

"I'm fine, I just stepped in a puddle" I tell him.

"Okay" he says and we both get back in the car.

I start the car and turn on the radio, blasting Taylor swift.

"What's this?" Robby asks, gesturing to the radio.

"If you tell me you don't like Taylor swift I swear to god Robby Swazye Keene you'd be out of this car faster than you can say my name" I tell him.

"I didn't say that"

"You didn't?"

"No" he says smiling. "It's fine, just drive"

"Are you sure you shouldn't-"

"Izzy, drive!" He says and his smile drifts a bit.

I turn off the music and turn to face him. "What's going on? Is this from what happened last night?"

"What are you talking about?" He asks.

"What's on your mind?" I ask.

"Nothing"

"I don't believe you" I shoot back.

"Why should you?"

I take a deep breath, "Because I have believed, and trusted you when I met you when you were in jail so if I could believe you then, what difference does it make now?"

He doesn't say anything for a minute, "Sam, she just hurt me. I'll be fine" he says.

"Bullshit, we're all never fine." I say starting the car. "I didn't kick the shit out of Tory because she was dating my boyfriend, I did it because she didn't tell me. She knew I was dating him, and she didn't tell me"

"Then why did you forgive her?" Robby asks.

"Overall, we're even." I tell him "Since I was away, she had to pay for her own medical bills."

"That's still not fair" he yells. "She did something bad, you showed her that it wasn't okay, then you get in trouble with the law and you're still kissing her ass! You have to live with a battery assault charge on your record for the rest of your life, and she's still the one who got to spend your boyfriend's birthday with him"

The car went silent. It took me a minute to process what Robby had said.

"Yeah, I know. I've been telling myself the same thing ever since it happened. I didn't know Tory would be here, or Mason or Owen. I thought I was getting a fresh start. You have an assault charge too. And you've been expelled from two schools." I say, calmer than Robby.

"And I'm on probation, yet I still have the guts to stick up for myself." He says, and again the car goes silent.

"Why do all our conversations get so deep?" I ask him to break the tension, again.

"I don't know, maybe because we know each other too well already"

"Well, have you ever told me something you wouldn't want me knowing?" I ask.

"No, I guess not."

"Same. So, we don't know too much" I say pulling into my driveway. We both get out, take off our shoes and walk inside.

"Your dads not going to be mad that I'm here, right?" Robby asks.

"He's at work. And Vivian's working too." I tell him, and he looks at me confused. "Vivian is dating my dad."

He nods and starts looking around.

"Are you hungry?" I ask him.

"No, I'm okay"

"Well, I'm going to make something to eat, I'm starving." I say taking out the eggs. "You sure you don't want anything?"

"I'll take some eggs" Robby says wrapping his arms around my waist from behind. I turn around and push his hands away.

"Okay" I say and start cooking.

"Izzy, what happened last night?" Robby asks.

"We had dinner, then you got mad because you saw your ex with someone else."

"So, you're going to pretend like we didn't kiss?" Robby says upset.

"Do you want to pretend like we're not just two kids who hate the same people and have too much in common?" I say sarcastically.

"Yes, actually." He says.

"Okay" I say grabbing his hand and going outside. We walk out to the driveway barefoot and see it's pouring.

"What are you doing Izzy?" Robby says pushing back his hair, like he did yesterday.

"You've never heard about dancing in the rain?"

"Have you ever seen me dance?" Robby asks, grabbing my hips again.

"Not yet" I say wrapping my arms around his neck. He starts dancing around, moving me with him.

We stop, and I take off my jacket, leaving me in my t shirt and jeans. I look over to Robby who was taking off his jacket too, then his shirt. I take my eyes off his chest and back to his eyes.

Robby picks me up and spins me. When he puts me down, he keeps his hands on my waist and I put mine on his chest.

"I love you Izzy, thank you" Robby says quietly, but just loud enough so I could hear. "For everything."

I smile, look down at his lips and back up. He pulls me in a little bit closer and our lips connect. Suddenly I hear a car go past us slowly. I look at who it was, and I see Sam's car go around the corner.