The Kiss - Chapter 4

"Mike? Whatcha doing with Joe..?" Donald asked.

"O-Oh hey Don! He just helped me with Nancy, no bigg-" Joe tried to explain, flustered.

"Joe," Mike turned to him, "please just think about it." Mike spun on his heal and walked off.

Donald watched him silently before turning back to Joe. "Are you two... you know.."

Joe's eyes widened, "No! Well.. not anymore..." He looked down, "it's complicated. He still likes me but, I'm still healing. Plus I don't feel anything for him. At least not anymore.."

Donald hugged him, "I understand. I can get him to leave you be if he keeps bothering you."

Joe hugged back, "Thank you, Donald." He took a deep breath. "Actually, now that we're talking about um.. relationships I wanted to ask something.."

Donald pulled away, "What's up?"

Joe sighed, "I-"

Suddenly, Joe's phone rang. It was Kamala Harris. "Sorry, it's Kamala, I have to answer."

He accepted the call, "Hello?"

"We did it Joe," She said monotonously, "You're gonna be the next president of Archmere Academy in Claymont."

Joe's eyes widened, "Kamala, you jest!!"

"Nope Joe! We won man!"

Joe squealed, and hung up the phone.

"I won the student council election, Don!" He screamed, elated.

"Joe! I'm so proud of you!"

In a moment of pure excitement and adrenaline, Don grabbed Joe's face and pressed his lips against the others firmly.

Joe's stomach swirled in knots, feeling light, yet oddly nauseous. However, despite the anxiety growing in his body, he was in complete and utter bliss. The world around them seemed to freeze around them in a bubble of pure ecstasy. However, the unfortunate part of a moment is that it eventually must end. Donald swiftly pulled away, looking as if he's about to pass out.

"I-" Donald blurted, "Shit!" Donald pulled away and ran off.

Joe's knees buckled under him, every inch of his body feeling wobbly and uncertain.
Despite every inch of his body feeling sick, a wave of elation washed over his face. A giggle creeped through his lips.

With trembling hands, he redialing Kamala's number.

"Yes, Mr. President?" She jokingly queried.

"Don just kissed me!" Joe giggled out.

"What!? Joe are you serious!"

"Of course I am! I've never felt so.. what's the word?"

"Disgusted?" Kamala joked.

"Kamalaaaa!!" Joe whined. "I'm serious! I just feel so... free?"

Kamala paused for a moment, "I'm so happy for you, Joe. But I'm not surprised. Not even a little. He's been all over you since kindergarten!"

Joe stopped. 'Kindergarten?' He thought, 'But Donald just transferred here?'

"What?" Joe asked.

"Oh my god you don't remember? Donald Trump? Kindergarten?"

"No?" Joe questioned.

"Wow! That's so sweet then, you really did just fall in love with him all over again!"

Joe was even more confused.

"Come over to my house! I'll show you the yearbook from that year!"

Joe ran like a bat out of hell to Kamala's house. He silently thanked his football career for his high endurance and speed.
He arrived in mere minutes.

Excited, he pounded on her door.

"Geez Joe!" Kamala exclaimed as she opened the door. "How did you get here from your house so fast?!"

"I... wasn't... at... my house..." Joe huffed and puffed out.

"Umm... where were you then??? When you and Donald... you know.." Kamala asked. "Were you at his??"

"No.." He puffed, exhausted. "Maple lane.."

"Jesus Joe!" She blurted. "That's even further!"

Joe gave a shrimpy thumbs up, doubling over trying to catch his breath.

"Anyways," She redirected, "Come inside! I have the yearbook~!"

They went into Kamala's house and sat on her living room couch. She handed Joe a heavy book.

"Turn to page 74," She hinted.

He flipped through the laminated pages, pictures of prom, pep rallies, and sports teams littered each one. He finally turned to the class photos.

'Oh. My. God' Joe thought.

There he was. Clear as day. His hair was the same corn color and his skin the same tangerine.

"Yeah, him and Nancy were 'dating', but everyone knew he had a thing for you. It was obvious."

680 words

sneak peak of the next chapter...
it's a flash back to baby Donald Trump and Joey Woey 🇱🇷🎣