Chapter 1- In the Beginning

The days were warm. They were always warm. Each day's surprise predictability melted into one another like gooey cheese. This repetitive day-by-day pattern had become a part of Joe's every day life. He detested it.

He was what you would call a "jack of all trades". Joe always felt like a part of him was missing, in return he searched endlessly for some form of thrill or excitement. Whether it be an atom bomb falling upon his school or learning how to do card tricks. Each new talent or trait made him more interesting, but it left him with less to do and some how more empty than when he began. That was until.. he came into his life..

The brriiinnggg of the bell awoke Joe from his dazed trance. "Hello class, we have a new student! Everyone welcome Donald! He's from manhattan!"

As Joe lifted his head to get a glimpse of the poor soul who now is trapped in this hell-hole, his eyes were met with a leather-claded god. His crystal eyes were so deep, he felt himself getting lost within them in mere seconds.

"Call me Don, suga' tits." He smacked on gum, his New York accent thick.

Joe's heart sank. Tits. The one thing Joe could never have or be able to do. Well, that and skating.

Donald sauntered through the isle of desks, his eyes moving slightly, meeting Joe's face. In that moment, his heart stopped. The world around him seemed to stop as well. He swore the entire earth was looking at them, that they were the definition of true love. However, the tragedy of a moment is that it must end. Joe broke the tension of their contact and averted his eyes to look back at the curly haired teacher.

Donald felt a lump of disappointment, but turned away as well.

The class dragged on for what felt like a millennia. All Joe could think about was the handsome devil that was... Donald. He felt an abrupt tap on his shoulder. Joe turned to face his best friend, Kamala.

"Psst! Joe, this is for you," She handed him a crinkled, folded letter.

Joe looked at her, confused, "Who is it-"

"Do you even have to ask, Joe?! The bad boy that was undressing you with his eyes!" She whispered sharply.

Joe turned every shade of red fathomable. "H-He probably just liked my hair..!"

Kamala rolled her eyes, "Just read it, you putz!"

Joe unfolded the notebook paper, his eyes scanning every inch of the paper. He didn't want to miss a single mark of graphite left by the tangerine colored hottie.

Joe unfolded it completely, only to reveal a string of numbers. His shoulders dropped in disappointment. However, he recognized the amount of numbers to be unusual. He internally face palmed. 'It's his phone number!' He thought growing giddy. His previous frown grew into a toothy smile. He lifted his head and turned to look at the blonde.

Donald was sitting back in his chair, looking at Joe. Joe blushed! How could someone so hot possibly be interested in some imposter like him..

Donald winked. Joe spun back around, embarrassed that his face glowing bright pink. The bell finally rang.

Joe grabbed all his books and dashed out the door. 'He can't see me like this!!' He bashfully covered his face as he ran into the bathroom.

Joe slammed his books on the slippery counter and turned the faucet all the way up on the cold setting. He cupped his hands and let the water pool in. Swallowing a lump in his throat, he splashed the icy water in his face. He froze and shivered in place, reaching for a paper towel from the dispenser. However, instead of a thin sheet of brown paper, he grabbed a thick piece of fabric. He jumped at the sensation and turned to look at the mock paper.