PHILIPPA
Yes, mother, I know.

JEANNE
Then stop acting as if you are one! Get inside!

Philippa goes into the castle.

CUT TO:

INT. COURT OF HAINAULT / HALLWAY

Philippa is walking down the hallway while trying to brush off as much dirt from her dress as possible.

JEANNE
You are to meet the future King of England today, do you even remember me telling you that?

PHILIPPA
Yes, mother, I remember.

JEANNE
(Dictating)
I will not take this kind of child's play, do you understand, Philippa? Edward is going to look at you and think you are some kind of loggerhead.

Philippa pauses and looks down as she continues walking.

JEANNE(Cont'd)
Philippa!

PHILIPPA
Yes, mother, I understand!

JEANNE
Your father and I have been very kind, offering your hand in marriage to the future king. Do not ruin it.

Jeanne grabs Philippa's arm and pushes her forward, making her walk quicker.

CUT TO:

INT. THE GREAT HALL / COURT OF HAINAULT

Philippa and Jeanne walk into the great hall of the court of Hainault.

JEANNE
Your grace.

We see QUEEN ISABELLA OF ENGLAND, ROGER MORTIMER, 1ST EARL OF MARCH, and EDWARD III, DUKE OF AQUITAINE turn toward Jeanne and young Philippa.

ISABELLA
Ah, there you are, Countess. We were starting to worry.

Isabella sees Philippa hiding behind Jeanne.

ISABELLA (Cont'd)
And there is the lovely Philippa.

Philippa curtsies to Isabella. Philippa catches Edward's eye immediately. Isabella notices the dirt on the bottom half of Philippa's dress.

ISABELLA (Cont'd)
My dear, what happened to your dress?

Philippa notices the disappointed expression on Jeanne's face, she then looks back at Isabella.

PHILIPPA
(Quietly)
I tripped on a log.

Edward smirks. Philippa catches his glimpse of her, they have an intimate moment.

ROGER
Isabella.

Isabella turns to Roger and he nudges toward Edward.

ISABELLA
(Takes Philippa's arm)
Oh yes of course, Philippa, this is my son Edward, Duke of Aquitaine. I am sure you remember him.

Edward bows, Philippa curtsies, she brushes off some more dirt from her dress. Edward smirks again.

ISABELLA (Cont'd)
Philippa, you are due to be at the English court very soon. You have a brand new life waiting for you there.

Edward and Philippa are not able to take their eyes off each other.

PHILIPPA
(Still looking at Edward)
Yes, your grace.

ISABELLA
Very well.
(To Jeanne)
Shall we go on?

JEANNE
Of course.
(To Edward + Philippa)
We will let you two get acquainted.

CUT TO:

INT. THE GREAT HALL / PARTY / COURT OF HAINAULT - NIGHT

The people of The Court of Hainault are swaying to the soft music that is being played.