Cara turned to him. "He's the Gryffindor quidditch captain." She said, "Very handsome too." She sighed dreamily.

Jasper stared at her. "Okay..." Jasper really didn't care about that. "So who caught the gumball?"

"A kid named James Potter." Said Cara. "His dad created Sleakzeys." Jasper looked confused. "A hair gel."

Jasper nodded.

Cara said "Apparently for their next flying class, Derek wants to see it for himself, and I want to too, to see what we will be up against next year."

Jasper gasped. "I need to see this!" He said excitedly. "When is his next flying class?"

Allen answered "Thursday afternoon."

Jasper pulled his school schedule out of his bag. "WE HAVE A FREE PERIOD THAT DAY!" He exclaimed, making the majority of the Hufflepuff house turn to him. "YES!" He looked at the other Hufflepuffs. "Are you going too?"

Jonathan shrugged. "I mean why not? It would be cool to see that."

The other Hufflepuff first years nodded excitedly by this so-called quidditch prodigy. Jasper looked at Harry who was still eating. Harry looked over. "I guess so, I just don't see the big deal, it is a kid catching a gumball."

"While flying." Jasper said.

Harry looked at Jasper, and saw how excited he was. "Well that is pretty impressive, I can't wait to actually see it."

"I can't wait to see Derek." Said a Hufflepuff third year girl. "He is soooo cute."

They went back to the Hufflepuff common room, and the first years got kicked off the couch by some older students so they decided it would be a better idea to go up to the dormitories. Maryorse, Marty, Dorothy, and Penelope started to go up to the girls dorm, and waved for the boys to follow. Jasper was about to when Harry stopped him. "We can't go up there, I read in a book boys can't go into the girls' dorms." He looked at the group of girls. "We would have to go to the boys dorms, because the girls can go there."

Maryrose came back down with the other girls following her. "Well that's a silly rule."

"It's for safety."

"Shouldn't it go both ways though?" Asked Penelope.

Gifford shrugged. "Let's go!" He went up to the boys dorm, and the rest of first year followed.

Dorothy looked around, examining the room. "I thought the boys' dorm would be different, more...dirty."

"We just moved in." Jonathan told her.

Marty sat on one of the pillows on the floor. Penelope sat beside her. Maryrose was looking out a window.

Dorothy screamed.

They all looked at her with concern. "What's wrong?" Jasper asked.

"IT'S A RAT!!!" She screamed. She took out her wand, and aimed it at the rat who was now running.

Harry jumped in front of her. "WAIT!" He yelled. "Don't worry, that's only Lou." He quickly picked her up, and put her on his shoulder.

"Why do you have a rat?!" Asked Dorothy.

"Because look at how cute they are."

Dorothy stared at him. "They aren't cute." She sat down beside Gifford, and Maryrose. Maryrose pulled out the magazine from that morning. She flipped through it.

"Do you want to see the spell I learnt to change hair colors Jasper?" She asked.

Jasper went over. "Yes!" He sat down in front of Maryrose.

Marty asked "Why do you know a spell if you can do it on your own Maryrose?"

"My older sister did it all the time, and I asked her to teach me so I could try it on her." Maryrose said, looking at the magazine. She looked at Jasper. "I'm not an expert, but I can try." She took out her wand. "Okay. So you wave it like this." She waved her wand in a straight line, and then circled Jasper's head. "Crinus Muto!"

There was a flash, and a couple gasps. "Did it work?" Jasper asked.

Maryrose gave a quick look to Penelope. A nervous look. Harry's eyes were wide, and Gifford was covering his mouth. "Well yeah..." Maryrose said. "But I don't know if you would like the colour...I should have asked, I meant it to be blue, but...your hair..."

Jasper hopped up, and went to look in a mirror. His hair wasn't black like it had been, it was...

Pink!

Jasper turned to Maryrose, and Maryrose looked guilty. "Sorry." She said quickly. "It is just - I don't know - sorry, this is my fault, I can try to fix it, but the spell is supposed to last at least 1 to 2 days, maybe more, but I can try-"

"No!" Jasper said. Maryrose looked at him, and the others did too. "I love it!"

"You do?" Maryrose asked, confused.

"Yeah!"

"It...it's pink mate." Jonathan said.

"Exactly!" Jasper said. "It is different, it is cool!" He hugged Maryrose. "Thanks!"

"You're...welcome?" Maryose said, still confused. She assumed Jasper would have been upset that his hair had turned pink, which most boys hated, but Jasper just seemed to be excited at the prospect that a spell had changed his hair.

Dorothy shrugged. "Whatever makes him happy."

Harry said "Jasper you do realize you will have pink hair for classes tomorrow? Jasper nodded. Harry bit his lip. "Well you see, I don't know if people would be - they might not be so nice about it." 

Jasper shrugged. "So? I am used to - I mean why care about what other people think?" He laughed. "I mean it isn't like kids would hit me or anything?" He looked at them nervously. "Yeah?"

Dorothy went over to him. "If you're with me the day they say a word to you will be their last day on Earth." She said sweetly.

Jasper looked chilled at this. "Er...thanks Dorothy. He scooched a little closer to Harry, and they both shared a look that said don't anger that girl.

They all talked for a bit more, talking about how excited they were for classes the next day, and Penelope told them a bunch of interesting facts about Herbology. They talked about what class they were looking forward to the most, and Marty said she was excited to do Transfiguration along with Jonathan, and Gifford was excited to do Potions. Maryrose was also excited for Charms, and Transfiguration. Harry said he already had his favorite class, and Dorothy said she could not wait for Defence Against The Dark Arts. Jasper was excited for every class.

It was getting late, and Allen came up to tell the girls to get to their own dormitories, and told the boys to get ready for bed. They all hesitantly obliged, and Allen did a double take when he saw Jasper's hair. "Er...Jasper?"

"Yeah?" Jasper asked looking through his trunk.

"Your hair...it's um..."

"Isn't it so cool?!" Jasper asked.

Allen stared at him. "Um..."

"He asked you a question, Allen." Dorothy said, annoyed. "And it is very cool right?!" She gave Allen a look.

Allen stared at Dorothy with a little bit of fear in his eyes at the small 11 year old girl. "It..it is very cool." He said. "You can go now, Dorothy." Dorothy went out of the room glaring after him. Once she was gone, Allen turned. "Merlin, she is a scary one isn't she?"

All the boys nodded.