Chapter 8

Grünstadt, Kazdel
9 May 1093 9.00 am

When Merött opened his eyes, it's already 9 am. He looked at the watch and said.

Merött: Verdamnt! It's already 9 o'clock? I have a lot of task to do today. How can I sleep later than the soldiers?

Merött take off his sleeping bag, adjusted his clothing then out from the barrack. When he go out, the soldiers are working in construction right now. One of them give him a salute when they saw him.

Soldiers 07: Hallo Kommandant.

Merött: Hallo Soldaten. How is the progress?

Soldiers 07: Well. The construction already progress for an hour. The progress of the wall have achieved one to third of it. While the others are still continuing.

Merött: Understood.

After that, he went to one of the barracks so he can eat something. He can grab a ration bar then start eating while standing against the barrack wall. While he finishing the half, the radioman call him something.

Radioman: Kommandant. There's a message from the HQ.

Merött: Understood. I'm on my way.

Merött going to the comms station while finishing the bar. When he arrived, he talk to the radio.

Merött: This is Taskforce Adler commander Reinhard Merött. It's a response from the Dresden HQ right?

Dresden HQ: Yes. This is Dresden HQ. The additional engineers sent by headquarters to assist your operation will be arrived in 3 hours.

Merött: Understood.

After the comms ended, Merött start his task of inspecting the whole construction progress. But luckily the construction is going well for now.

After three hours

After three hours of progress, Merött remembered that the additional engineers will arrived anytime now. So he asked the HQ with comms again to check the situation.

Merött: This is Taskforce Adler commander Reinhard Merött. When will the engineers arrived?

Dresden HQ: Approximately 30 minutes. How is the progress now?

*Looking at the blueprint

Merött: The progress of the wall construction have already achieved half. But the construction of the barracks is almost finished. While the others are still in progress.

Dresden HQ: Okay. The headquarters is understood about your situation.

The communication ended.

After that, Merött decided to notify the soldiers about it. He then grab his walkie-talkie.

Merött: Soldiers. There will be another engineers arrive here after 30 minutes.

Soldiers: Understood

After waiting for 30 minutes long, the engineers finally arrived at the portal. The convoy carrying them, is driving towards the destination until they arrived. One of them get down from the vehicle and talk with him.

Engineer 01: Hello Sir.

Merött: Hello. I guess you are the additional engineers sent by the HQ right?

Engineer 01: Yes Sir. Are you Major Merött that HQ mentioned about?

Merött: Yes

*Look at the note and blueprint