4

Draco's POV

I was furious. How could anyone do that to a small girl. The girl who is not afraid of standing her ground was here, in front of us, panicking and breaking down. I've never felt this possessive over anyone. With every tear she shed, I wanted nothing more than to take her pain away, hold her till she's okay. But I knew I couldn't. She's Theo's sister. My best friend's sister. I know I would hurt her. I can't do that to her or Theo. But as she's here shakily standing beside me in Dumbledore's office. I can't help but comfort her.

Tiana's POV

We all had breakfast. My friends kept assuring me that I was now safe and that they would never let anything happen to me. We then headed to Dumbledore's office. He was shocked to see what six Slytherins were doing there on the first day itself. I wasn't feeling like talking about this anymore so others just explained. My knees were going weak with how worried I was. I was standing at the back, then suddenly I felt something cold brush my hands, I immediately looked down. Malfoy. His intertwined his fingers in mine and started brushing my knuckles with his thumb in a comforting manner. The comfort I needed right now. I tightened my hand around his a bit to show him that I appreciated the gesture. It actually felt nice. Before I knew it, my breathing was steady and I stopped shaking. I looked at Malfoy who was smiling, I smiled back. Then Dumbledore called me out, clearly worried.

"Miss Nott. Is this all true?"

"Y-yes, professor."

"Would you mind if I entered your mind and looked through this memory. There are some details I'd like to know."

"Of course not professor. Please do what is necessary so that that nightmare is out my life for good."

"Very well. Have a seat. Everyone except Mr. Malfoy please step out."

Malfoy!? Why does he want Malfoy to stay? Theo immediately stepped ahead to protest too.

"I'm sorry professor but I think I should stay, considering my sister would feel more comfortable with me."

"Mr. Nott I understand your concern but professor Snape has told me that Mr. Malfoy has been truly gifted with Occulumency and Legilimency skills so I trust that he would be of utmost help here."

"Alright professor." He then turns to Malfoy and says barely above a whisper, "Take care of her Malfoy. She's been through enough. Please."

"Don't worry mate. I will." Draco said. Theo gave me a kiss on my forehead and left the office.

"Whenever you're ready Miss Nott."

"I am professor, but can you please explain what will be happening?"

"Inquisitiveness, I appreciate it. You see since Mr. Malfoy is your friend I'm guessing that you trust him since he also knows about the incident." He says that more as a question so I nod and say yes. "He will first enter your mind and sort your memories so that I only see the incident that I'm supposed to."

Seriously!? Malfoy will look through my mind!? But that's better than Dumbledore doing that, isn't it?

"Then once he's done his job I will look through that particular memory. Is it clear to you now?"

"Yes professor."

"Mr. Malfoy are you ready?"

"I am, professor."

"Now Miss Nott I must warn you that you'll have a severe headache throughout and even after its done."

"Okay. Go on Malfoy I'm ready."

"Legilimus."

Draco's POV

I said the spell and I could now see all her memories. I know the day and the year so I just have to pick it out. But I can't help but look through yesterday. How she felt about when she first met me. Because she made me feel things I've never felt towards a girl. The way she throws her sass and makes me speechless, it turns me on. And the way she broke down shows how strong she is. How she isn't just a cold hearted bitch. So before anything, I look through yesterday, on the train

A few minutes later

She called me hot. A hot jerk precisely but I'm gonna focus on the hot. I can hear Dumbledore's voice for some reason. Oh shit. Dumbledore. I quickly go three years back and through her December. Fuck. Looking at it is much worse than how she described it. I couldn't bring myself to see anymore of it so I quickly brought it forward. I pulled myself out of her mind and nodded at Dumbledore to look at it. I then looked at Tiana. She was in so much pain yet sitting still with her eyes clenched shut. I reached my hand out to hold hers in case she was uncomfortable or scared. She immediately took my hand in hers and squeezed it. I again rubbed her knuckles to calm her down. Her grip loosened a bit meaning she was a bit settled now. Soon Dumbledore was done. He too had a shocked look on his face too. All of that was truly horrific. And she dealt with it as a 12 year old child. 

She slowly opened her eyes, but not for too long. She fainted. It happens. And with her, her mind was penetrated twice.

"Take her to her dorm Mr. Malfoy and send Mr. Nott to the hospital wing to Madam Pomfrey for a headache potion. Give it to her as soon as she wakes up." Dumbledore said and I nodded.

I picked her up and carried her out. It was evening now. Blaise, Theo, Mils and Pansy were still sitting there. Theo looked clearly scared. Of course. She's all he has. And he loves her too much to let anything happen.

"What happened to her?"

"She's fine Theo. She just got tired. Now, go to Madam Pomfrey and bring a vile of headache potion for her." He nodded and immediately ran off. The rest of us waled back to the dorm with Tiana in my arms. She looked so fragile and small. So different from yesterday. So peaceful.

I gently placed her on her bed and Pansy pulled the covers. Theo came in and placed the potion beside her bed. It was then time for dinner. We decided to act normal around Willy, well Rachel, and let the ministry and Dumbledore handle it. After a huge discussion we decided that it would be better if I stayed since I know the spells and the usual and unusual side effects and sent Theo for dinner along with others.