"I'll be there within the hour after we arrive back at Lotus Cove." Wei Ying said blankly.

He walked confidently towards the fuming jade, knowing he needed to intercept and diffuse the situation before Madam Yu had yet another excuse to punish him. In the blink of an eye, Wei Ying's anger and fear took backstage to a bright smile and cheerful voice.

"Lan Zhan! Are there any more peaches? I'm still hungry and they were so good and juicy." Wei Ying giggled, remembering how the jade had watched him eat the last fuzzy-skinned fruit.

Unwilling to let Lan Zhan confront the Purple Spider and start something they would all regret, Wei Ying slipped his arm around the jade's and forcefully pulled him to their carriage. He never stopped talking and soon he had Lan Zhan looking at him instead of Madam Yu.

"Wei Ying.....fine?"

Wei Ying could hear the desperate concern in Lan Zhan's voice and was touched that the youngest jade was so worried about him.

"Yes, yes, I'm totally fine. I just really want to get back to my parents and check on my mother. My father also said he was going to do some investigating while we were gone and I want to know if he found anything that will clear your name."

Lan Zhan's eyes softened.

"What?" Wei Ying asked with a half smile.

"Wei Ying's father does not blame?" Lan Zhan wondered.

Wei Ying took Lan Zhan's hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

"Of course not. None of us think you did it. Well, actually my baba believes me and I believe you."

Entering their carriage, Lan Zhan sat first with Wei Ying cuddling up next to him. Lan Xichen was not there yet to give any disapproving looks so the two took advantage of their alone time together. Wei Ying moved to kiss Lan Zhan's cheek but was caught off guard when the jade turned his head just in time for their lips to meet.

The kiss started out simple but quickly grew into something more intimate. Lips caressed lips, a gentle meeting, separation, and return. Wei Ying yearned for more, a warmth growing in the pit of his insides he did not want to ignore. His body turned towards Lan Zhan's as his arms slowly moved up the jade's arms to his neck. Their mouths danced silently to the rhythm of their beating hearts.

When Lan Zhan took charge of the kiss, Wei Ying surrendered to the jade's demanding need. Their tongues swirled, their breaths mingled, and their bodies drew even closer.

"Xiaoazhang." Lan Zhan whispered unexpectedly, breaking their connection.

Wei Ying tried to adjust himself and not look guilty for indulging. When he looked at Lan Zhan, his eyes focused on the single bead of sweat that slowly trickled down the side of the jade's sharp jawline. He wanted to lick it. If he was being honest with himself, he wanted to lick more than just that tiny drop of saltiness.

The dip of the carriage alerted Wei Ying to the older jade's presence.

"How did you know?" he whispered in Lan Zhan's ear. The pink blush that resulted made his insides dance.

"Will always protect Wei Ying." whispered His Jade.

"Are you two finished?" Lan Xichen grumbled as he sat down across from them.

Wei Ying blushed this time and hid his head in Lan Zhan's robes that smelled of sandalwood. He breathed deeply and relaxed against the firm body next to him. He tried to forget about what was waiting for him back in Lotus Cove. But to keep his secret and keep his Lan Zhan, he was willing to suffer any punishment Madam Yu had planned for him.