Carved Into Each Other - CHAPTER 92

Start from the beginning

"Your dads?" Elio asked, looking up at Remi. Remi nodded, grinning widely. Elio looked back at Fernando and Alvaro before getting shy again and looking back at Remi.

"And guess what?" Remi asked.

"Wha?"

"I have two brothers. This brother's name is Rico," Remi said as he tickled Rico's tummy, making him giggle. "He's three. He's one year younger than you." Remi then pointed to Felix. "And that's Felix. He's fourteen, and he couldn't wait to meet you."

Felix smiled at Elio and lowered himself down to Elio's level. Elio looked at him shyly, his little eyes scanning Felix's kind face. "Your name E-lix?"

"Yep, I'm Felix. And you must be Elio."

"Yah! Elio!"

"That's a cool name, man," Felix said, holding a fist out. Elio didn't hesitate as he stuck his own fist out and bumped it against Felix's.

"Tank you, E-lix."

"No problem, buddy."

Looking up, Remi saw his dads stand up and come over. They both conducted a bro hug with Marcelo where you shake hands and give a one armed hug really fast.

"Thank you for taking good care of our son, Marcelo. I'm glad that he had someone to be there for him," said Fernando. Alvaro nodded in agreement with what Fernando was saying.

"It's my duty as his husband to take care of him. Wouldn't have it any other way."

Fernando nodded in delight. Marcelo was just happy that he could make a good first impression. Fernando was s-c-a-r-y.

Next, Remi took his turn wrapping his arms around his dads as best as he could since Rico was still in his arms. "Thank you guys for coming."

"Wouldn't miss meeting these two for the world," Alvaro said before looking down and winking comedically at Elio. Elio giggled and moved to Marcelo, grabbing his hand.

Standing back, everyone took a seat at the table. Alvaro, Fernandez, and Felix were on one side while Marcelo, Remi, Elio, and Rico were on the other. Surprisingly, Elio broke out of being shy and wanted to sit next to Rico, hence them sitting by each other.

"So, where did you two meet?" asked Alvaro.

Remi and Marcelo both looked at each other and smiled, remembering the first day that they ever laid eyes on one another.

"At his family's cafe," Remi said.

"Yeah, he was a daily customer, and I just so happened to come in one day and see him."

"Mhm, and he stole my rain coat," Remi shook his head, feigning disappointment as he said this, making Marcelo chuckle.

"No, he was so nervous and in a rush after seeing me, and he left it on mistake, so I took it with me to return it to him."

Remi chuckled back and nodded, signaling that it was true.

"Aw, that's sweet!"

"Yeah, it is. And this café you speak of that your family runs. Is it nearby?"

"Yes, sir. It's right..." Marcelo turned around and pointed down the street closer to the other end of the park. "... down there. It's called Yo Jo's Café."

"Oh," Fernando was shocked at how coincidentally close the café was. "It's very nearby."

Marcelo hummed. "Right in the middle of everything."

"Felix, you should think about perhaps getting a summer job there if you'd like, and if it's alright with your family, Marcelo. I know you said it's a family business." Alvaro brought up.

"Nonsense. You guys are family now. My family would love having an extra pair of hands around."

"Cool, I could earn some money," Felix nodded.

Remi couldn't believe everything that was happening. He'd expected his family to get along with his family well but not this well. It was like Remi and Marcelo's lives were carved into each other's to where everyone was destined to be friends. It was crazy. Everything was moving as it should: smoothly.

Except one thing. Remi's stomach still hurt a bit. It didn't hurt terribly, but it was very uncomfortable. It felt like little cramps here and there. Despite this, Remi tried to keep the pain off of his face as best as he could.

Looking over, Remi saw Elio and Rico fully engaged in a conversation of their own. It was kind of patchy however since A. Elio was only just now being able to speak fluently and B. Rico couldn't speak that well.

"Tenemos un cachorro llamado Pax," (We have a puppy named Pax), Elio grinned, holding his little hands out as he spoke to show his happiness.

"¡Tienes cachorro!" (You have a puppy!), Rico gasped.

"¡Sí, sí! Tiene manchas bonitas como mi Mamá." (Yes, yes! It has beautiful spots like my Mama).

Rico turned his head and looked at Remi, who smiled at him, before he turned back to Elio and giggled, clapping his tiny hands.

"Ah, he knows Spanish?" Alvaro asked about Elio

"Yep, it was one of the first things that I taught him."

"That's amazing. He sounds so fluent already. Maybe he can help Rico a little bit. He kind of gets some English words confused with Spanish words and Spanish words confused with English words."

"Yeah, I'm sure that them being around each other like this will help him out for sure," Remi nodded. He then reached underneath the table and grabbed Marcelo's hand before placing it on his stomach to signal that it was still aching.

"We can leave whenever you need to. Just say the word," Marcelo whispered to where only Remi could hear him.

As much as Remi wanted to leave, he didn't want to leave. Everyone was having such a good time, chatting and laughing. He didn't want to mess that up by being a party pooper. But at the same time, he just wanted to curl up in bed and sleep.

But most of all, he wanted to know where the aches and pains were coming from.