Chapter 1: Fire and ice.

Start from the beginning

The dragon seemed strangely shadowed to the point where he couldn't even identify their species. He slammed into the snow and the wind was knocked out of him as the dragon landed across from him and sent up a cloud of snow.

He rolled over and bared his teeth, stooping into a battle position as the dragon stepped out of the cloud, he felt himself instantly calm when he realised it was a SkyWing but he forced himself to return to being ready to fight.

He snarled, "Who are you and what do you want with me?" He asked as a cloud of frostbreath rose from his nostrils.

"That's not the question Hailstorm." Answered a female voice as the SkyWing looked up and Hailstorm let out a gasp as his eyes met a pair of pearly golden ones.

He backed up slowly and shook his head as the shadows cleared from around the dragon and a faded orange one came into view, "Nonononono, what are you?" He asked as he staired forward and was met with the familiar image of Pyrite.

"I'm a dragon." She answered simply with a timid smile.

B~But... that's my voice, Pyrite's voice.
He corrected mentally "Liar! You are not Pyrite!"

She tilted her head, "Aren't I? Well last time I checked I was but I guess my name has now changed." She said with a giggle.

Hailstorm slammed his talons into the snow, "No! You aren't her! You cant be." He muttered the last part.

"Well if I'm not Pyrite then who is?" She asked as her eyes burned into his.

I am.
He thought automatically without even thinking about it, "I... um... I am." He stammered quietly.

She smiled, "I'm glad you agree, I was worried I'd have to do this whole speach to convince you, but I'm glad it isn't neccessary, I'm not very good at talking, I'm not very good at anything." She said with a nervous expression.

As she spoke he was thinking the words along with her as he looked at her.
She's so...
His thoughts trailed off as he forced himself not to think about her like always, but the fact that she was literally standing in front of him made that significantly more difficult, "P~Pyrite... how are you here? You're me and I'm you so how are you standing in front of me?" He asked quickly.

She blinked, "Huh... I guess that is a little strange isn't it? I'm sure it's just something I'm not smart enough to understand." She said with a shrug.

"Yeah... probably." He said as her words seemed to enter his mind, they all seemed so reasonable to him, like things he would come up with himself, "That makes se~" he shook himself, "No! You're wrong! Everything about you is wrong!"

"Well you didn't have to say it." She said, shuffling her talons, "I already know how worthless I am, I don't need to be reminded." She sighed and looked up at the sky, "Anyway, wanna go on a flight?" She chirped.

He blinked at her, "Um... where?"

She just shrugged, "Wherever, we can just fly around for a little while and then fly home."

Hailstorm automatically smiled in the same timid way as her, "That sounds nice." He answered, his accent slightly fading into a SkyWing one until he shook himself, "No! The sky kingdom is my home. Ice kin~ I meant the ice kingdom." He whimpered and buried his head in his talons, softly muttering his name.

Pyrite tilted her head, "Why don't you like me? I know I'm utterly unlikable but I'm not sure what I did, I thought I made you happy."

"I do like you... no I don't, I can't, you... you aren't real!"

"Well why don't I prove to you that I am... I still exist Hailstorm, I'm always with you, even if you refuse to let me in." She said, holding out her talon to him, "Just give me a chance, let me make you happy again."