Ch 5

I woke up that Monday morning dreading going to school. I hated feeling this way. I wanted things to go back to normal but I don't think that was going to happen. The formal dance is on Friday night and I really want to find a date. I might even go with that senior that pushed me to the ground. It's better than nothing I guess. I place my glasses on my face and walk out of my room and meet Camilo at the front door. He looks just as glum as me but I think he's' dealing with it better than I am. "Hey, Camilo?" I asked, "Yes?" he responded "Are you doing okay after what happened?" I asked. "I'm doing okay, I just wish that I never got my hopes up for her," he said while sounding sad. "I feel the same way. I mean I guess our family did warn us but we were kind of blind," I said. He chuckled and we walked in to the school.

I hated seeing Belinda and Jordan together in the hallways. I walked into the bathroom after 3rd period and looked in the mirror. "Damn," I whispered to myself. I then realized how pathetic it was to be upset over a guy that I met a week ago. I mean it's ridiculous. We barely even talked to each other, I can't be mad at him but I also can't be mad at myself. I just hate how he led me on. But it's over now, there is nothing I can do about it anymore. It's a new week and there's nothing to be mad about. I'm walking back to class but I can't help but to wonder if Jordan and Belinda had planned this. I mean it would make sense. I enter the classroom and take my seat. Our teacher had his back turned so he doesn't see I'm late. I try to pay attention to our lesson but I'm just so tired. I lose track of our notes and then just start drawing on my notes. Not like any of this matters, "Maybe if I do bad enough Abuela will pull me out of school and life can go back to normal," I think to myself.

I daze off for the rest of my morning classes waiting for lunch. I walk to the back of the cafeteria and put on some music. For some reason during this time I never find Camilo in the cafeteria. Probably because it's so crowded. I pull out my homework to work on but someone sits at my table. It's that damn senior guy from the other day. "Um hello. Can I help you," I say slightly annoyed. "Have you changed your mind about going to the dance with me yet," he asks sounding hopeful. "Um, no sorry. How about you go annoy someone else," I say. I wasn't actually angry I just wanted him to go away. "Because I don't want to," he replied cockily. "Well I want you to because you're annoying and I just want to get my work done," I respond hoping he will walk away. To my surprise he did. I kind of felt bad but I got what I wanted. Just then the bell rings. Great, I got no work done and it's due next class. I stand up to walk to class when the boy comes back and hands me a piece of paper, "Here, take my grade nine essay. I got a B on it and we have a different teacher from then so she'll never know," "Oh, um thank you... what's your name?" I ask trying to give a proper thank you. "It's Nicholas, and it's no problem," He says while walking away. I then turn around and walk away. Even if he was trying to trick me at least I have something to turn in instead of coming empty handed.

"Hey, Camilo. You'll never guess what happened today!" I say excitedly. "Hm?" he replies curiously. "Some senior distracted me during lunch so I didn't get my essay done but then he gave me his from freshman year, and even better, I got an A on it. I don't know how cause he got a B but I'm not complaining," I say. "Really? That's awesome Mirabel. I met this really nice group of guys today in science class, they invited me to work in their group and I think I'm gonna get along really well with them," he says looking happy. We walked to go pick up Antonio then walked home. Tia Pepa clearly wasn't happy with something because it was raining. We got back and Camilo went to go find his mom and find out what was wrong. I walked to the kitchen to get a snack when my phone buzzed

Random: Hello. Mirabel right?

Mirabel: Um yeah, who's this.

Nicholas: Oh it's Nicholas, from lunch.

Mirabel: Oh, how'd you get my number?

Nicholas: I have my ways

I didn't question it and continued eating. I mean maybe he's a new friend. I was still curious how he got my number but he must've asked someone he saw me talking to. I can't complain about having someone that wants to talk to me other than my family. I walked up to my room and remembered that I had nothing to wear to the formal on Friday. I grabbed my sewing machine and started making a dress. It was purple with white patches on the skirt. I didn't plan on finding a date to the dance but I at least wanted to look good. I mean I deserve to feel good about myself. Just then I got an idea, i'd make a suit for Camilo and we could be matching. I had just gotten done with the top part of the dress and started with the pants of Camilos suit. They were gonna be black and the suit coat was gonna be yellow with white patches on the shoulders. I was hoping that Camilo would agree to wearing the suit.

*About 2 hours later*

I just finished Camilo's suit coat and put everything away for the night. I hung the outfits in my closet and went down to tell him my idea. "Hey camilo, guess what. I made us matching outfits to wear to the dance on friday," I day excitedly. "You did?" he replied sounding confused. "We don't even have any dates," he added. "Yeah I know but that doesn't mean we can't go. We can still have fun without a date," I exclaimed. "Well show me what they look like," he said. I led him up to my room and showed him the purple and yellow outfits "You like," I asked. "I love them," He said. I knew he would.

A/N: pls give me ideas on how to make the best few chapters better than this one