Chapter 40 - Going Crazy

Seul Mi's P.O.V:

As hard as I tried to wake him up, Jungkook's eyes wouldn't open.

"What have you done?!" I screamed at Oppa, my eyes raging with fury as I stood up and walked towards him.

"Something I should've done a long time ago." He snarled, not giving a second glance at the lifeless-looking boy who lay sprawled out across the blood stained floor.

"What's that supposed to m-" I didn't finish my sentence as doctors and nurses flooded into the room and hoisted Jungkook onto my hospital bed.

"He's lost a lot of blood." One of the nurses stated as she was preparing to give him stitches.

"Hurry! I need a large bag of blood supply. And get me the thick bandages and needles before he loses even more!" The doctor called out, instructing the team who were hurrying around the large room frantically searching for the equipment.

The doctors placed the oxygen mask around Jungkook's swollen face and began to usher everybody out of the room.

"This procedure needs to be carried out in private, so please wait outside."

"Wait! Let me stay, I need him and he needs me! I can't just leave him like this....please!" I begged. I couldn't leave Jungkook in such a state.

"You and your brother should be resting! I'll get the nurse to take you another room."

"B-But what about Jungkook?"

The doctor sighed and looked at me sympathetically. "At the moment, all I can say is that the quicker you leave, the better chance we have of saving his life."

With that, I was pulled out the room by the nurse and taken to the one which was next to Jungkook's.  Like my old hospital room, there were two beds.

It was horrible. I was forced to lay there and "get some rest" when all I could think about was Jungkook. It was all my fault. He had to endure Oppa's beatings just for me, and now I have to endure listening to the doctors and nurses next door trying to save my love's life.

I could faintly hear his heartbeat monitor. It was the only way I knew that Jungkook was alive, and I wished with all my heart that it would keep beeping forever.

My thoughts were interrupted when Oppa barged through the door and strode to the bed beside mine. We lay there in an awkward silence until her broke it five minutes later.

"Penny for your thoughts." He simply said.

"I hate you." I attempted to muster all of my anger and put it into those three words.

"I did what was best for you." From the corner of my eye, I could see that Oppa had turned on his side to face me.