The Storm(Continued)...

Start from the beginning

"I saw his internal battle since the engagement was announced and missed to address it. That was my biggest mistake."

Mr.Arunachalam and Maran looked at Mrs.Arunachalam as if she was a different person. After all she talked back on his face in front of so many people for the first time.

She pulled Shivani from Mrs.Maran's embrace and made her face Mr.Arunachalam.

"I cannot be quiet anymore. Look at her. What have you made her?? Project success aaganunu, andha Karthick ka tolerate panni irukka. Idhu ungalukku theriyuma?" she questioned making Rakshan and Shivani gasp for a moment. They never expected Mrs. Arunachalam to notice things so keenly.

"For the sake of company, she has married Ashwin using illegal means . She compromised her life and took such a big risk for the sake of her position and company. Idellam avalukku yaaru solli kuduthadhu?? Ashwin ah? Devi ah? Illa nana?? Its you men. You trained her to be like you. Ippo vandhu kudhikareenga. "

"Rakshan! Indha scandal ku enna reason nu unga mama ku explain pannu " she shouted.

"Adhu.. Mama..Even I thought the scandal was because of paparazzi around Ashwin. But the scandal was framed by that Krishnan and Karthik to defame Shivani and make her quit AK Groups. They had used Ashwin as a bait. Idhu theriyama nan avasarathula kova pattu Quit pannitten. Ashwin ayum adichitten" he explained comfortably hiding his dad's act that played a major role in his decision.

"Ungalukku innoru vishayam theriyuma ?? You are worried that she had to hear so many things because of Ashwin in the past. But do you know what happened after she took up the position? Project Investors have tried to harass her with mean words. Neenga valatha ponnu enna panna theriyuma?? Project success aana podhumu , adhu ellathaiyum tolerate panna. Yen?? Pudivadham. Project on board poganumnu veri. All because of you."

"Athai..appadi ellam illa athai » Shivani tried to reason but her voice died the moment, Mrs.Arunachalam glared at her.

"Avalakku office la position kuduthadhu thappu nu solla variya ? »

"Illa nga. Namma sandhoshatha vida AK Groups than mukkiyam, Status than mukiyam nu irukeenga illa, adhu than thappu. And you have made her to be like you!! Adhu than periya thappu"

"Ellarum pata kastam pathi pesuninga. Thaniya yen paiyan evlo kasta pattan nu ungalukku theriyuma ?? » she spoke her first word as a mother who couldn't see her son suffering alone.

"7 varusham munnadi Pudichi kalyanam pannikita SAM eh Divorce pannnum yosikum bothu, force panni pudikadha kalyanam panni vachirundha ASHWIN , SHIVANI ala eppadi nalla irukka mudiyum ?? Yosichi parunga"

While SAM was shocked on the fact that his mother knew the truth, Nisha just kept her head down.

"Enna solringa anni" Mrs. maran asked panicked.

"Aama Malini. Rendu perum Divorce panna decide panni irukanga. THey came to India for that. And both have been keeping it a secret from us until today."

"I cannot see my kids suffer anymore. Had Devi been alive, nan avlaye ketu iruppen. Ippo nee that Malini Devi edathula irukka. I know what my son did was wrong. I apologise on his behalf. Will you forgive him and give your consent for their marriage?? I promise, avan avala nalla pathuppan"

Mrs.Maran looked at Shivani and then Mr. Maran for a moment. "Shivani sandhoshama irukanum. From what I see in the recent days, Ashwin has my complete trust now. Avan Shivani ya nalla pathukuvan. Enakku nambika irukku. " she declared gently patting Shivani's head and turning back to Mrs.Arunachalam.

"Ungalukku OK thane anna??" Mrs.Arunachalam asked Mr.Maran who was still sitting on the couch.

"I will comply with whatever Malini decides" he declared.

She called Ashwin and made her stand next to Shivani. "You married for company or love, I don't care. Now that the world knows both of you as husband and wife, lets make it official. Rendu perukkum kalyanam panniralam Malini" Mrs.Arunachalam declared making the cousins look at each other. Ashwin's gaze was fixed on Shivani for a moment longer than usual. They broke their trance when they heard "Seringa anni" from Malini.

Shivani moved away from Ashwin and went near Mr. Arunachalam and sat on her knees.

"Mama. Please. I am sorry for what I did. But neenga seri sollama , bless panama, I cannot marry. Please OK sollunga"

"You want to marry him??"

"Yes"

"You Trust him?"

"More than I trust myself"

"I promised Devi that your marriage will happen when you want to the person you like. I don't see any reason to say No!" Unga athai sonna mathiriye nadakattum" he declared.

"Sam. Enna ulla kootitu po" Mr.Arunachalam said

"Malini nalaikku kovil poitu oru nalla naal fix pannidalam. »« Seringa anni » he heard the conversation as he moved inside lost in deep thoughts.

Author's Pen!

Okay..this was  supposed to be an emotional chapter. I am completely blank about the outcome. Do leave your feedback. Your thoughts on Mrs. Arunachalam please. 

Love,

Nithi