His Eyes , her Achilles heel

Ashwin sat on the couch and browsed all the magazines and nothing seemed to catch his attention. After long thought and hesitation, he decided to call her.

"Amma.."

"ASHWIN eppdi irukka. Are you alright? What happened to you?"

"I am alright ma.."

"Dei Video call pannu. I want to see you.."

He made a video call and smiled at her. He could see tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Amma please don't cry. Please ma" he tried to console her.

"Poda..u forgot me too right? I feel so useless unable to meet you and take care of you when u r sick. It's been a year since you spoke to me" she lamented.

"Its ok ma.. athan unga assistant inga vittu irukkengale" he smiled.

"Sorry Ashwin. I should have informed you that I had given keys of your apartment to Shivani. I thought she will be safe there. Thank GOD I did that against your father's wish."

"Appa.. veetla illaya?"

"Illa da. He went to work morning itself. Do you think I can freely talk to you with him around?" she said casually.

There was a brief moment of silence at both the ends.

"SHIVANI enga da?"

"She went to her work ma."

"are you alone then?"

"No Problem. I am good now. She took care of me very well. I didn't know our SHIVANI grew up so much. Calm and composed she was throughout"

"Chinna ponna? She is "

The call got disconnected abruptly when his mother was talking. He called again but she disconnected. He understood that his father must have returned.

"SHIVANI" we have looked 3 PG's

"SHIVANI" we have looked 3 PG's. Nothing seems to make you happy!" Pavithra commented.

"True! Their time restrictions are too much da. With the new project in hand, you know its very difficult to stick to their time zones." she complained

"Then what about the 1bhk flat that we checked out?"

"Rent is huge. Let's check the other 2 places tomorrow. If none of them work out, we will fix this 1 bhk apartment itself!" Shivani said bringing her 2 wheeler to a halt.

"Can I come to your place to visit ASHWIN? You know I am a huge fan of him" Pavithra pouted.

"Not today dear. I don't even know if he is alright. He was hospitalized for the past 2 days" Shivani replied.