Chapter 6 - Abs Galore

Start from the beginning

She jumped down and landed on her pointe shoes before going to a still shell-shocked Spider-Man. "You're- you're the spider person that saved me," he breathed out; the eyes on his mask were wide open, matching the eyes under the fabric.

"Yeah, we've met," Spider-Woman smiled under the mask.

"Yeah, we have."

"Multiple times actually."

Spider-Man's mind was spinning with what that could mean. Is it Gwen? He has seen her face when she was taken away two months ago. It has to be Gwen. . . right? It can't be anybody else. It wouldn't make sense for it to be anybody else, so it has to be Gwen.

"You're swinging sucks," Spider-Woman said bluntly.

"E-Excuse me?" stuttered Spider-Man.

"You're swinging sucks," she repeated.

Spider-Man crossed his arms over his chest. He tried to look menacing and intimidating, but it came out cute. "Oh yeah? H-How would you do it?" he demanded, but yet again, came out cute.

"I'll show you." Spider-Woman shot a web and pulled her up onto the rooftop. She turned around and shot a web coming back the way she came. She didn't crash and fall on her face. Instead, she was able to land perfectly and even added a half pike in air to impress him. She came back down in front of Spider-Man. "That's how you do it."

His jaw fell slightly under the mask. "Okay. . . I'm not gonna lie, but I could totally do that."

"Really?" Her voice held a teasing quality.

"Yes."

"Do it."

"Okay." Spider-Man took the challenge and climbed up on the rooftop and shot a web out. He steadied himself before he went all Tarzan. He did good for the most part, that was until he lost his grip again and fell face first, again. Spider-Woman laughed again. "Stop," he whined, weakly glaring at the other arachnid.

Her words came out in choked parts. "I'm sorry! It's just- it happened a second time!" she laughed. "Okay, okay, okay, okay." She sobered up enough, although a few short bursts of laughter would escape her as she replayed those moments in her mind. "Okay, what you're doing is relying too much on your arms. Most of the momentum comes from your legs. You have 'em, use 'em. Do you know math and physics?"

"Uh, yeah? I know math and physics," Spider-Man hesitantly replied.

"Well, I don't feel like explaining it now," she brushed it off with a shrug, "I need to be someone in an hour. Basically, instead of trying to pull yourself with your arms, use your legs to swing yourself up. It's called swinging for a reason, so swing spiderboy. Swing."

"It's actually Spider-Man," he corrected.

She chuckled. "You are no man, spiderboy. I gotta go. Bye!" She shot a web out and swung out into the city.

"Yeah, that's definitely Gwen," Spider-Man said to himself before he swung away too, this time using his legs to swing himself up.

Getting back to the apartment was kind of hard. See, Gwen knows Manhattan like the back of her hand, not Queens. Peter was always the one to take over Queens as he grew up there, worked there, lived there, fought a black goo there. Basically, Gwen doesn't know Queens, so a few wrong swings were bound to happen. Eventually, she was able to find her way back to her apartment.

She scaled the wall and climbed in through the open bedroom window. She immediately shimmied out of the suit and into the pair of leggings and sweatshirt from earlier. She threw on some Converse, quickly picked up her phone and Tony's Black Card as well as the casserole dish that May gave.