Chapter 9- If Only

9- Vice's POV

...

Facing her right now feels like it is a dream, probably a wretched one. I still can't imagine that she can still face me after all the shit she has left me to put up with.

We were looking at each other for a long time, it was like we were playing a game of a staring contest. I miss staring at her brown, mesmerising eyes.

Cut your shit Vice.

"What the fuck, are you doing here?" I blurt out. God I can just feel the vexation levels rising again. I then look away, avoiding those piercing eyes that is trying to "soften" my heart.

"No Vice, what the fuck are YOU doing here." Karylle spat back. "I already told you we are over, we are done! God sakes don't tell me you don't understand, are you that dumb to not understand?!"

I start to grit my teeth. Now tell me, leaving your child, for a new family with an asshole. Who is the dumb one now?

I then storm towards her, for a second she looked like she shat herself by the sudden approach I have done. "I came here in peace. To live and start again. Not to stalk you and watch your little flirtfests." I say in a low tone with warning. "Now if you think, I'm that sad to do that. I guess you really don't know me well."

"Vice knowing you however you won't stop until you get what you want. That is not happening." Karylle snaps. "Don't you get it? I don't love you anymore. I am sick and tired of us. I don't want to play games. Ayoko na ng plastikan. I let you go because the more I carry on the more I am lying to you and I am hurting you even more. So please. Tama na." She pleaded.

I can just feel my heart shatter again after the thought of it already being mended. She gives me one more look, then she walks off. I can just see her like a silhouette fading until poof, she's gone. She has gone playing happy families, officially breaking the connection with her first "family". Us.

I close my eyes, as the tears then flow down my cheeks. I then let out a huge sigh. God, I am suppose to be forgetting, but I keep on remembering.

To be honest, I wouldn't really care about me and her anymore. What I am upset about is that the fact Brent's own mother turned back on him, just crushes my heart. I don't get it. How can Karylle even live and put up with it? It just doesn't make any sense. But then it gives me another reason why I will never let Karylle to be near my son or even when she finds out that he is with me she will look out for him.

Irritated by the amount of times my phone has been ringing and vibrating i finally answered the damned call.

"God William can't you wait?!" I groan, as I start to carry on walking home.

"Vice! Jesus christ why haven't you been answering you phone?! Brent won't stop crying for the past hour, he looks like he's hurt or something I don't know. I have to go somewhere pa I dunno what to do."

-

I flung the door open, holding on to the doorknob panting so hard my chest hurts as I have been sprinting for 15 minutes non-stop. God, well I'm so done with running for the day. 

"Vice!" Billy hurriedly walks towards me, still carrying my son who has very swollen eyes from the crying. He still is crying, shrieking in pain. Billy hands Brent over to me, I start to cradle him, at least to calm him down but he really won't stop. I am shitting my pants worrying right now. "Did you call our doctor?"