Chapter 13/Epilogue

After about a couple weeks and a lot of help from the town, we finally managed to get Casita rebuilt.

We all stood around as Antonio gave the doorknob to Mirabel. It was just like her gift ceremony but this time, the door will actually open.

I stood beside Papa as he helped support my weight. Although my leg has gotten better since the fall of Casita, it still wasn't properly healed and still hurt. And it probably will for a while unless Tia Julieta gets her gift back.

"Your a real gift kid. Let us in," Papa encourages. I nod and give her a smile.

She nods back and walks to the door, putting in the door knob and twisting it open. Casita comes alive with magic again, waving hi to Mira.

"Hola Casita," she greets, waving back.

I feel the rush of magic come back, my eyes glowing neon green and the mist lifting me up. O lower back down and smile at Bruno. He smiles back and then Casita pulls everyone inside.

Isabella sprouted all kinds of amazing plants, anything thats not a rose, and Luisa carries a cactus onto a table. However, she gets flung back onto a hammock and given a drink.

Tia Pepa dances happily with Felix under a cloud of hail. I boost myself up from the ground, hovering above the ground and dancing along.

Papa suddenly grabs my hand, pulling me to the ground and over to the family photo currently being taken.

"La Familia Madrigal!" We all call, being pushed together in one chaotic photo.

Things couldn't be better.

*Time Skip 2 months*
(You didn't think you were finished yet, did you)

"CAMILO MADRIGAL!" I call angrily to the shapeshifter who was running as fast as he could from me.

"What did he do this time?" Isabella asks with a laugh.

"One second. I'll tell you after I catch this hijo de puta," I say, hovering over the way Camilo went.

"Laungage, Mateo," Tia Pepa calls. I wince.

"Sorry Tia!" I yell back. I turn back to Camilo and grasp at him with my mist, pulling him back to me.

"Heyyy primo. How about we just talk about things, you know. No need to murder me," he tries to compromise in a slow cautious voice.

"Nope. Any thought of 'talking about things' went down the drain the moment you put that trap in Bruno's room, primo," I say with a dangerous voice, my green eyes glowing with mischievous.

"Look, Teo. I'm sorry really. It was supposed to be harmless, I promise. I didn't mean it to do anything but scare him a little," he explains.

"You should have thought about the consequences before we did that," I tell him with finality.

I fling him up and his poncho dangles on a hook, not breaking it, just making him hang there for a bit. I smirk as I watch him struggle in his spot, not being able to shape shift out of it.

Isa just stands away and watches this all go down, very confused but not interfering with my rage.

"Uh, what happened Mateo," She asks, stepping up beside me.

"He set up a prank in my dads room but it went way further then he expected and Papa ended up getting hurt," I explain causally.

"You know my mom can easily heal him, right?" She states. I nod.

"I know. But I felt the need to do something about it so here we are."

"Mateo. Put him down," I hear Bruno's voice say.

I look to him and run over, hugging him quickly. He looks at me with his best discipline look.

"Alright, alright. I wasn't going to leave him up there forever," I esasperate while bringing him down.

Milo turns to Bruno with an apologetic look.

"I'm really sorry Tio Bruno. I didn't mean for that to happen I promise I just..." Papa cuts him off a bit.

"It's fine Camilo. I'm fine," he says, "Mateos overreacting."

"I have every right to over react," I reply defensively.

"No you don't," Dolores chimes in from the balcony.

"I'm being ganged up on!" I call dramatically, "by my own family."

They all laugh with either a shake of the head or a roll of the eyes.

"Mar-Mateo," Abeula calls, catching herself, "shouldn't you be doing your chores?"

"I finished my chores Abeula. But I should go out to help Luisa with whatever she has left," I declare, floating towards the but not before turning back to Papa.

"Do you want to come in with me?" I ask him.

"Yeah, sure," he says, walking over to walk beside me.

The town has gotten less afraid of us ever since the rebuilding of Casita. And I've been embracing my powers more since.

As you can tell, I've gotten more powerful, being able to float me and others around.

And because I've been using it more frequently, my eyes have become a more permanent shade of green, a constant little glow in it making them pop more.

We walk through town and people don't cower from fear anymore. Of course there are still those few but not everyone now.

Anyway, as we were walking, we get stopped by someone who was passing.

"Hola! I'm Evangeline and I just moved here recently," she says, introducing herself.

"H-hi uh, hello. My n-name's uh..." she cuts off Papa's stuttering.

"Bruno. And you're Mateo, right," she looks to me. I mockingly bow.

"The one and only. It's a pleasure to meet you Senorita," I smile to her, smirking as I see Papa blushing.

"And a gentleman too," she remarks with a laugh.

"I try my best."

"Well, I best be off. It was nice you you Mateo. And you too Bruno. I hope to see you guys around," she calls before walking off.

I turn to him with a smirk and raised eyebrows.

"You like her don't you," I tease.

"No, I do not," he protests but I know better.

"Yes you do."

"No I do not. Bye," he starts walking off without me.

"Hey! Papa! I was kidding, come back here," I run to catch up with him, laughing.

My family is the furthest thing from perfect or normal but I love my family. And I wouldn't change a thing about it.

The End

I was thinking of making a one shots book of their life after if you guys are interested.