08. Himejima Gyomei

This was it. The end for Himejima Gyomei. He has been accused of murder and will soon be executed, he did not blame Sayo for it. He knew that she was just frightened and have said the wrong word to describe what has just happened. 

He heard the door burst open and shouting was heard "Don't touch Mitsuko-sama and Kagaya you filth!" 

Kagaya merely smiled and bring his index finger to his lips making the silent gesture, Sora and everyone else went quiet. 

"Are you alright?" The gentle woman voice asked Gyomei as she grazed at the wound on his forehead. Her hand was gentle, as if she was touching a snowflake.

"Who are you?" Gyomei asked 

"You'll find out soon" She smiled, she turned to the police "Please release him" 

The people started sweating, she was dressed that of a noble woman. She wore a uchikatsugi, her long veil covered her face. They were scared that they might said the wrong thing. 

The leader stepped up and said  "I'm afraid we can't do that miss, he has been accused of murdering 8 orphans.  The orphans he raised!" 

"Accused

"There were enough evidence, the bodies, the bloody state he's in, and the last survivor even said it herself that he killed them" 

Mitsuko smile did not falter "He is blind is he not? There should be no reason for him to kill them, especially since he raised them and took him as his own. He could've been protecting the child from the murderer"

"But-" he couldn't finish what he wants to say as Kagaya interrupt him "the corpses was slit on the throat, he has no weapon only his fist. It wouldn't make sense if he was the one who killed them right?" Mitsuko give an approving nod to Kagaya.

They couldn't said anything else, the question of how Kagaya knows the wound on the corpses didn't cross their mind. Leaving them no choice, the leader open Gyomei cell. 

The lady supported Gyomei as he stands up "let us go" she said.

From then on, Gyomei decides to devote himself to Mitsuko and Kagaya. No matter the decision they make, he would respect them even of he didn't like it.

"Gyomei, how are you?" Sora smiled

"Namu amida butsu, I am fine. How about you Sora?" Gyomei smiled

"I'm fine. Are you looking for Kagaya and Mitsuko-sama?" She asked

Gyomei nodded, Sora lead Gyomei the way and knocked on the door once they arrived "Mitsuko-sama, Gyomei wished to see you"

"Come in" 

Sora nodded at Gyomei as he opens the door. 

"Oyakata-sama, Mitsuko-sama" Gyomei greeted as he bow in front of them

"Is there a reason for your visit Gyomei?" Mitsuko asked 

"Yes. I wish to report about my mission" Gyomei replied

"Go ahead" Kagaya smiled

Kagaya and Mitsuko listened closely as Gyomei told them about the two girls he saved and and asked permission to take care of them, to which they allowed.