Chapter 5 - C6H12O6

Start from the beginning

The train was just as awkward as the walk to the train, except this time, they were surrounded by a lot of other people. Peter took out his phone to text someone, that someone was Happy. He scrolled up through the many many texts he has sent, all of them having zero reply.

Gwen didn't have a place to hold the metal bars, so when the train came to a screeching halt, she crashed into Peter.

Memories of the first time they crashed together came swarming back into both of their minds.

"Sorry," she quietly apologized when she pushed off him. She stepped a little bit away from him, his cheeks tinted a little pink.

"N-No problem. . . worries? No worries?"

Gwen softly giggled at his stuttering. Apparently, it's a thing all Peter's do.

Peter lightly smiled at her laugh. "I, uh, I like your shoes," he complimented, pointing to her turquoise ballet shoes. He figured that if they live in the same apartment building and go to the same school, he should try to talk to her. "Do you do ballet?"

"Thanks. Yeah, I do. I have since I was a kid."

The ice between the two slowly melted away with every word that passed between the two. Peter felt like he was making a new friend and Gwen felt like she was also.

They got of the train and crossed the field of Midtown High. It's a brick building, about three or so stories, large pillars stood in front of entrance. It looked old fashioned in all honesty. Not like one of those creepy, haunted buildings kind of old fashioned, but one of those old fashioned that make it work.

A silver convertible Audi honked at the two and sped forward as to run them over. "Sup Penis Parker!" the driver greeted with a smirk.

Gwen glared at the driver at he drove off. "Who the hell was that guy?" she demanded. "Thinking he can try to run over people and calling them names."

Peter sighed. "That was Flash Thompson," he informed.

Gwen's jaw dropped. A Flash who wasn't blonde. Weird. She was going to say that, as then she would have to explain how she knew a Flash and she didn't want to start off the morning with an explanation, especially only running on half a granola bar and banana. So instead, she said this: "Who the hell names their kid 'Flash'?"

Peter snorted, chuckling. "I don't know. Stupid people apparently," he said.

"Apparently."

"C'mon." Peter led Gwen into the sea of students that was Midtown. They had to squeeze past people so he could get to his locker – their height certainly was not helping either. He put in the code into the beige metal locker and opened it so he could put his jacket in.

A little Lego Emperor Palpatine came onto Peter's shoulder. "Join me and together. . . we'll build my new Lego Death Star."

"What?!" Peter turned around to face his longtime best friend, Ned Leeds. Ned was a larger boy with dark skin and dark brown hair.

Some of the cheerleaders besides the trio scoffed, saying 'Ugh, so lame.' Gwen glared at them. "No one asked for your opinion, sweetheart," retorted Gwen. The cheerleaders just rolled their eyes and left. A sort of protectiveness overcame Gwen. It came to her when Peter was in danger at the airport, and it came to her just now. Guess it was to protect Peter. Gwen could live with that.

"Oh, uh, Ned this is Gwen," Peter introduced. "Gwen, this is my best friend, Ned."

"Hi," Ned waved his hand at the blonde. "Do you like Star Wars?" he inquired with narrowed eyes as if her answer would determine if they were to be friends or not.