"Sage green." I mumble.

He pauses for a moment. Not his driving, though. Thankfully. It's more like he's taking a second to register what I've just said. His head tilts when he looks at me.

"You remember that?"

"I remember everything you say to me." I tell him. And it's the truth.

I remember the very first words he spoke to me were. The words he yells through the bathroom door when my concerts run too long. I'd be lying if I said I don't know what he sings to himself. Every complaint, compliment, criminally terrible joke—they're all stashed somewhere behind my eyes.

When I turn to look at him again, he's smiling really big. And I may be going crazy, but I think he's crying a little bit there because I hear him sniffle.

"Noah?" I ask urgently. Oh, God. What did I say this time?

I scramble for a tissue from his console, but freeze when I hear him laughing. I look back up, narrowing my eyes at him. Is he making fun of me? -1 point for this guy.

"Sorry, sorry." He wipes at his eyes quickly. "No, I'm not making fun of you, Summer."

Because I'm too curious, too nosy, too crushing on him, I frown and ask him what's wrong again.

He shakes his head and then waves his hand dismissively. It's adorable how Noah thinks he's getting out of answering me. As if he doesn't know I can be a relentless jerk under the right circumstances. Like when I'm worried. Like now.

"Please tell me." I say, leaning into the console. I tilt my head a little as I watch him.

It's not special or anything, but he seems to think it's pretty cute or something. Maybe he doesn't think I notice, but whenever I do the head-tilt thing? He gets that look in his eyes. Like that wow look.

He glances at me and even though it's only a second long glance, he groans like he can't get enough of it. That's enough for me to smile like an evil little imp.

"Just—I, uh... I didn't think people paid what I say any attention. Let alone you."

"Me? I wouldn't talk to you if I wasn't willing to listen to you." I tell him truthfully. How could I ever not pay attention? All I want to do is pay attention to him.

He smiles a little. "Well, I guess that just means that you're not just people."

"Hmm." I smile right back at him. "I guess it does."

Hearing him separate me from every other human being he's ever laid eyes on feels too good. Because I'm not just one person in his life, it feels like I'm the person in his life. Like, I'm important to him.

And I love that because that feeling is so scarce. All I want to do is savor us and these feelings, tuck them into the back of my mind to flip through and fawn over later. Later and for the rest of my life.

 Later and for the rest of my life