Outbreak of a new life (1)

Start from the beginning

"I don't know who you're talking about" Jenkins dismissed, taking the broom and walking to the other side of the room to sweep.

Morgan couldn't speak he was that confused, automatically pulling out his phone and calling Darling, only to be met with a robotic automatised message.

'I'm sorry, the number you're trying to reach has been disconnected...'

"What?" Morgan stared at his phone before turning to Jenkins, "can I call her on your phone?"

"I don't know who you're talking about."

"I don't have time for this Jenkins- where's Darling?"

Jenkins dropped the broom and turned to him in a furious huff before folding their arms through a gritted teeth smile, "I'm sorry I don't know who 'Darling' is, I think you have the wrong apartment."

Morgan stared at them for a moment before a thought hit him and an automatic head shake in disbelief took over.

"No... no she wouldn't do that, she wouldn't just leave" he stepped back to the door before jetting off into the apartment calling her name, searching everywhere for her, "Darling?! Darling!? Darl?!"

"This is ridiculous! Where did she go? Did she moved to a different street? Or the other side of town or something?" He ran back into the living room where Jenkins was sat by the record player on a chair, taking out a bottle of red wine Darling had placed outside of their door with a little bow on it saying 'thank you for being a great landlord, and even better friend, you mean so much to me and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for letting me into your life- you know what to do now, what we agreed you would do- thank you.'

"I have no idea who you're on about" Jenkins replied with a broken tone, tears in their eyes as the alcohol poured down their throat, looking blankly out of the window.

"For god sakes" Morgan shook his head, turning to leave and search for her before Jenkin's voice spoke quietly, but still pierced him all the same.

"You're a fool for letting her go."

And he felt like it even now, even four months later as he prepared his breakfast that consisted of bland bread and an unseasoned egg- of which the yolk had burst because of course it had with his luck lately.

Four months, four months since he had ran out of her apartment searching for her anywhere he could; the ice-cream shop which would be just the place she would run off to, the office he thought she might go back to yell at the team some more, Addie's school where he found out Addie had been unenrolled earlier that day and picked up by her guardian who's records were now changed to Tobias's name with no forwarding address.

That's who Morgan called next to search for her, although he didn't pick up since he was back in rehab.

Duncan did in fact answer, but he hadn't heard from Darling in months; she had stuck to her word when she said she was finished with her family no matter how many nights she would cry herself to sleep about it or sob mid lunch when one of them tried to reach out.

He even went to Jacob's diner, but after a conversation where he had to fight the urge to yank him down the stairs by his mullet, Morgan discovered that Jacob hadn't seen Darling since he had taken her car.

"Just tell me, please, if she tries to contact you or you hear from her" Morgan would end every call and message to anyone in their lives, even the old man running the local corner store Darling frequented and the teenager at the ice-cream shop had gotten used to his calls by the end of the first week, which was also when Hotch started taking Morgan's concerns seriously.