I giggle at her remark, nodding.

Right. Harry's friends. I mean his friends should be as attractive as him... right?

"Eeeeek I'm so excited! First family outing where we can drink as much as we wish..." Talia giggles, referring to the wedding sophomore year. She raises her mimosa. "7 o'clock."

"I'll be there." I say, grabbing my glass to clink against hers.

-

𝗦𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗱𝗮𝘆
7:01 PM

I ended the facetime with Talia, setting my phone on the bed. I called her in panic, not knowing what to wear. She said something nice, so I immediately think of my staple red dress.

It's cherry red material covered in red mesh. It's off the shoulder, along with mesh long sleeves. I will say it's a shorter dress, but I don't feel like a hooker so I think it's fine.

It's the only dress I feel most confident in. It hugs my curves, and goes the best with my nude block heels.

I lay it on the bed and head to the bathroom to turn on my curling iron.

Once I'm happy with my loose curls, I wonder what I'm gonna do with makeup.

Don't look like a try-hard Scarlett.

I decide to bronze my cheeks, and do a simple gold glitter eye. I coat my lashes with multiple coats of mascara, and apply a nude gloss.

With my outfit on, I look in the mirror. I won't lie I'm happy with my work. Took me about 3 hours, but I need to look good if Harry is bringing friends.

I grab my phone off my bed and check the time.

7:02

Anxiety floods my chest. Fashionably late?

I immediately start walking downstairs to head to Talia's. Almost falling down at the last step, I grip the railing just in time.

"Scarlett sweetie!" startled my mom, setting her purse down on the kitchen counter. "Are you sure you can walk in those heels?" she questioned.

She was in her scrubs, keys in hand. Her hair looked fresh, like she had just put it up.

I nod. "Night shift again?" I asked.

"You know the drill." she groaned. She grabs her purse and heads towards the door. Right as she open the door she looks back.

She commented, "You look beautiful."

"Thank you mom." I grinned.

She closed the door, and I headed towards the cooler for a bottle of wine to bring.

Wine in hand, I close my front door and start walking. Maybe mom was right. I haven't worn these heels in forever.

If I fall...

Scarlett think positive. Sidewalk isn't the best terrain for heels. After a couple shots you'll be fine.

I look towards the street in front of Talia's house ahead.

Man did she invite a lot of people. Did Talia invite her mom's entire real estate company?

There's so many cars parked on the street, the driveway being too small when a parking garage was needed. I'm lucky I can walk from 3 houses away, because I wouldn't be able to find parking on the street.

My eyesight focuses, and I see Harry's mustang in the driveway. Once I pass the fence, I see the back of Harry's figure, leaning on the hood of his car smoking a cigarette.

He was wearing a black casual suit. And damn, did he pull it off.

My anxiety heightens. Taking a deep breath, I steady my walk. I emphasize the click of my heels on the pavement.

Harry reacts to the sound, turning his head my direction. He stands up straight from leaning on his car, and turns his body to face where i'm walking up.

We make eye contact, and I give a soft smile.

Please don't remember me.

He gives a grin back, emphasizing a dimple I didn't know he had.

We break eye contact, and he turns to lean back on his car again. I walk up the driveway, trying so hard not to fall.

Right as I'm about to pass him, he clears his throat.

"You don't normally walk in heels do you?" he chuckles.

Damn it.

I stop in front of his mustang, about a couple feet away from him. I grin and turn my head to face him. He puts the cigarette to his lips and pulls. I feel my cheeks start to redden. I chuckle back to hide my embarrassment.

"Is it that obvious?" I asked.

He blows out the smoke in front of him. "Hey, If I was a chick I'd be falling everywhere," he said, "so you're doing amazing."

I smile turning my body towards the front door. As I start walking I reply, "Thank you." I then turn my head to the door, and walk towards front steps.

He didn't recognize me.

"Could I get your name?" Harry asks from behind me, "So I can find you inside?"

I had made my way up to the front door, and I had my hand on the door handle. I turn my head towards him. I grin.

"Scarlett." I say.

He furrows his eyebrows, looking confused as ever.

I turn the handle to open the front door before saying,

"It's nice to see you again Harry."

I then turn to open the door and walk into the party.

-

𝙗𝙪𝙘𝙠𝙡𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙨𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙗𝙚𝙡𝙩𝙨... 𝙞 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙜𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙨 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙭𝙩 𝙛𝙚𝙬 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨.
𝕒𝕧𝕒<𝟛