Chapter 3: the rabid beast

Cutie pie finally woke up after his nap. he yawned, stretched, and looked around. he slowly walked out of the park, looking around. he had excellent night vision, so the darkness wasn't a problem for him. until he heard a snarling noise, yelping the moment he heard it. he also smelled a certain smell... a foul smell that smelled like disease and anger. suddenly, a rabid fox charged at him! he quickly got to his feet and started snarling himself, though less intimidating than the snarling he heard. he hissed and backed up, hoping his attacker would eventually give up. but the fox persisted. the fox charged at him again, this time biting his front left leg. cutie pie used his other paw to dig into the fox's eyes, but the fox didn't let go. eventually, he had it. he yanked his arm from the fox's mouth, bolted behind it, jumped on it and bit through its skull. he started running away, with a slight limp. if he didn't react as fast as he did, he might have not survived that attack. he sniffed his paw, then turned his head away in disgust. that same smell coming from the fox was now on his paws. even if cutie pie didn't know it, he was safe from the rabies virus, being a metatherian, his body temperature was too low for the virus to live inside of him. cutie pie started looking for a place to wash off the blood and the awful smell, so he started walking towards the wild again. he noticed that his mother was gone from the place she used to be, but he no longer had to worry about that. he continued walking until he found a pond. he dipped his paws into the pond, seeing what appeared to be fish moving away from them. he slowly put his entire body into the pond, until only his head was afloat. he has webbed paws and a powerful tail, so swimming is an easy job for him, he swam out and shook off his fur. hopefully he wouldn't be attacked by a creature like that again. to ensure his safety, he climbed up a tree and fell asleep again.