Chapter 6

The next day John, George and Ringo were hanging out by Paul's locker waiting for him as they all had music first. However Paul never showed up, John and George began to get worried but Ringo was just confused. "Maybe he's sick, guys" Ringo suggested, but the others weren't listening to him. "He could be in trouble"  George said while trying not to panic. "I heard him on the phone to his dad yesterday and it sounded aggressive"  John said suddenly "and he has multiple bruises" George looked at him confused "How do you know that? you've only known him for a day"  John just stared at him for ages, he took a deep breath and explained to the two lads what had happened on the first day of school and why they weren't there. "Holy shit, is he ok? Are you ok?" Rngo said, sounding highly concerned. John was about to answer but George bet him to it "wait... so you hit him with your car and you both never told us?" He sounded very offended. "Look George, we were going to tell you but there's been a lot going on" John tried to reason with him. "Like what?! What's more important than telling us you nearly ran Paul over?!" George was getting angry now. "George, technically it was my aunt, but that's not the point. You can hate me right now but I'm ditching to go and check on Paul, he could be in serious trouble" John said as he walked out of the school. George just huffed and walked to class leaving a poor confused Ringo. John was not long out of the school when he got a message from George:
George: I thought you might want his address it's 20 Forthlin Road 
John: thanks mate :)
George: Also for the record, I don't hate you
John read the last message and couldn't help but smile.

He started his walk to Paul's house, it was actually quite a long walk, a lot longer than he thought. When he got there he thought about knocking on the door but Paul's dad could be home so John decided to go around the back and climb through his window. He climbed up what he assumed to be the right window and pushed it open, he peeked in discovering that it was Paul's room, however it was an absolute mess. He stepped into the room only to find Paul in bed so he sat down next to him, it was dark in the room as the curtains were shut so John couldn't see him completely.

After a while Paul woke up and rolled over so he was facing John, once he opened his eyes it took him a while to get his bearings as he didn't remember going to bed at all. He felt someone beside him and immediately began to panic, John noticed this and put his hand on Paul's shoulder "Hey paulie, it's just me" John tried his best to be comforting and it seemed to have worked because Paul relaxed and immediately grabbed onto John and held him tightly. "H-hey... what happened?" but Paul just started crying so John just held him and calmed him down. "Paulie, tell me what's wrong" Paul then tried his best to explain what happened the night before when he was done he began to cry again even harder this time. "I d-don't feel s-safe here Johnny" he then began to sob again. John couldn't handle it anymore and he stood up making Paul very confused. John then grabbed Paul's bag and started packing enough clothes and stuff that he needed, he then put Paul's bag on his back and held his hand out for Paul to take. Paul took his hand and got up off the bed, John then pulled him into a massive hug which Paul gratefully accepted and returned. They then climbed out Paul's window and started making their way to John's house.
Once they were in the daylight John saw all the bruises and cuts but he could tell Paul didn't want to talk about it so he left it. That was until Paul went to walk and he cried in pain. "Shit Paulie, are you ok?" John was very worried about the poor boy. "Yea Johnny, I'm fine' Paul tried to sound as believable as possible but failed. "C'mon Paul, there's a bench over there, jump on my back and I'll carry you" Paul was about to decline but John was already over there waiting for him. Paul waddled over to the bench, John helped him stand on it and then Paul jumped on his back and John carried Paul all the way to Menlove Avenue.

Once they got there they were greeted with an unhappy Mimi. "John Winston Lennon! Why on earth are you not at school?!" She stood there with her hands on her hips demanding an answer and she wasn't going to wait all day. "I'm sorry Mimi, it was my fault" Paul piped in, her expression changed instantly from anger to confusion. "Look Mimi, if you let us in we can explain" John suggested, and with that Mimi let them in. John gently sat Paul down on a sofa but failed as Paul let out a wince. "Shit sorry Paul" John muttered, Paul just gave him a nod to say that it was alright.