1.2 | DEEP WOUNDS

THE ROOM IRINA AWOKE IN WAS NOT THE SAME AS THE ONE SHE HAD LAST SEEN. She vaguely remembered fighting someone but couldn't for the life of her figure it out. Her head throbbed and her thigh was sore. As she looked around the room she made sure to take in every detail.

"Natasha, stop being a creep and go in," Tony whined. He'd seen her watching over the girl they brought in yesterday every time he passed.

"What if she doesn't remember me." Natasha wondered softly. Though Tony would never tell a soul, it hurt him seeing her like that. All he wanted was for her to be happy.

"You'll never know if you don't talk to her. Go." He stood for a moment before walking away, wanting to give Natasha privacy. The redhead walked over and stood at the door for minutes before finally knocking and entering.

Immediately she saw Irina's defensive stance and thought about walking back out but before she could Irina spoke.

"Natalia." Both women melted at seeing each other. Irina ran over as Natasha opened her arms. The younger woman hugged Natasha tightly.

"Shh. I'm here now my love." She whispered softly.

"Они нас слышат?" (Can they hear us?) Irina leaned back as she asked the question. Nat merely shook her head. "Обещать?" (Promise?)

"I promise." 

"Почему ты не говоришь по-русски?" (Why aren't you speaking Russian?) Irina pulled back altogether now. "Вы забыли свой родной язык?" (Have you forgotten your native tongue?)

"Конечно, я не." She replied softly. "I just speak more English now." The black-haired woman nodded before moving to sit on the bed. Natasha watched her limp back and winced. "I'm sorry about your leg. You had a tracker. I had to remove it." Irina nodded, not looking back, instead, picking at her bandage. Nat watched as she slowly removed it. "Be careful."

"Я могу позаботиться о себе Natasha." Her words came out harsher than she intended but she didn't say anything else. The wound was deep, even if she couldn't see it through the stitches, she'd been hurt enough to know what a deep wound felt like. "May I be left alone?"

Nat went to say something but decided to keep her mouth shut. She walked out without a goodbye.

She felt like crying. They both did. But she walked back to her room, got changed, and headed downstairs to punch out her emotions instead.