Ch.34 - Minty Sweet

Start from the beginning

But she just wasn't getting it. She feels chunky--weird and chunky. It feels like those fleeting moments where you wonder if you've secretly been given the power to make things levitate and then proceed to share an awkward stare off with a pencil. That kind of concentration was what she was feeling trying to make her slow motion swings graceful like Roberts.

She's pretty sure he can see her growing frustration as she couldn't quite figure out the combination hits they progressed to, softly trying to mirror his actions. It wasn't even frustration though, it was worry. She wants to get it right so she can...be safe. What if she can't get it and she's just stuck hopelessly forever like she was that night? Well. She was absolutely wasted that night and she's not now. She'd never do that again around anyone ever again.

"You're getting it." His encouraging words pierce through her rumpled reoccurring thoughts.

She strains a smile. "It's tough."

"But you're getting it. Look, elbow to my hand." She does just that, slowly of course. "See? Look at that mastery. Don't beat yourself up, you're doing great."

"I just--" She huffs. "It feels weird, you know?"

"This doesn't have to be the one and only little lesson." He smiles catching her drooping chin with the swiftness of his index finger. "Hey. It's okay. Rome wasn't built in a day. No need to be so harsh on yourself." Touch slipping away back to his side.

Sighing either from loss of his skin against hers or her worry etching through, eyes round. "I have high self standards--and it feels funny in my shoulders. Like a knotted tickling feeling." Rubbing at said area.

He tilts his head to the side, looking her over, licking at his lips in thought. "How about...." She waits, shifting as he gestures, "I have an idea. May I?--" Motioning for her to turn around.

Eyes flicking between golden brown orbs, she agrees, curiously turning on her heal away from him.

His breath hot against her ear now, voice unwavering. "Is it okay if I massage those knots out?"

She tries to keep the gulp from her throat. "If you want." Her ears going bright red when she feels him pull back her hair leaving her neck bare. The sweet tenderness as his fingers pull at her taut muscles, pushing and loosening her lumped limbs.

"How's that?" Voice so close yet he's not pressing against her (a part of her wants him to, convinces herself to just lean back into him with a content full hum).

Charlotte can barely be audibly heard besides her sigh and nod of the head in response. Her rigid bent body that has been so thoroughly thrashed coming undone as Robert works his magic.

She thinks she hears him chuckle lightly, but it's the heated breaths on her neck that are fogging her mind. His thumbs rubbing rings into just between her shoulder blades, working it calm, traveling up to her neck and a tiny voice screeches flames in her head that Brandon has left bruises there, but it was soon put out, resting into the touch. Little circles caressing her tired muscles and she's making a mental note to practice on Molly--giving massages--so she can return this favour.

"Alright." He stills, and she finds she had closed her eyes in bliss, now open in ponder. Roberts now slid his hold to holding her arms, like a puppet. "Still okay?" He asks so gently, so patient.

"That was--thank you. You've got magical hands." She hums, twisting a shoulder glance back up at him, grinning as he grins back, arms still holding onto hers.

"Ha, that's a first."

"I'll, um, I'll figure out how to get you back."

"Like your mission to find out my age?"